3 things that transformed your kayak fishing

4 mins ago, The Riddler said:

1) Side Imaging Sonar 

2) Pedal or Prop Drive

3) Plastisol 

I wish I had the same experience with side imaging sonar. I got the humminbird helix but have yet to see the value of side imaging... 

1 hour ago, EricM said:

I wish I had the same experience with side imaging sonar. I got the humminbird helix but have yet to see the value of side imaging... 

I think thats something that should be discussed in one of the existing threads and find what you are experiencing and try to fix it. 

Lighter kayak, enjoyed the hobies but weight wise I hated

just stop and drop off at roadside, no wheels needed

anchor trolley, use it a lot these days. 

Ill add another that is important. We live closer to the waters edge and the early morning before sun up I don’t need to do anymore. Boat traffic is lighter and very much so channel directed due to the low water depth all around. No more traveling 1.5 hrs to a launch point and being blown out. I can fish in 40 mph winds, just truck inside on the Lee. 

Pedal

Drysuit

Wheeleez

(forth would be Hullivator)

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.

Fishfinder. I can’t say how much it helps to have a basic finder for seeing depths. I do a lot of fishing in 10ft or less, but it is great in murky water for getting a look at what’s below you. Lay downs that you can’t see from above, shelves and other structure.

pedal yak. Was on a Walmart yak and then a pescador. Had enough of using the paddle and liked the idea of spending more time casting and presenting than boat handling. 2 years after the plunge and I am very happy with my purchase. I mostly fish LMB in freshwater, but enjoy targeting other species occasionally. 

Trailer. We used to cartop our yaks. I broke my back years ago and loading onto a low height trailer makes these larger kayaks more bearable for launching. We have large and smaller kayaks, I still like the ease of hitching up to the trailer, throwing a few items in the car and going. Setup is pretty quick the way we have it. Downside is a few spots can be tough to find parking but by and large we are not affected by that. 

I would say a 4th would be the time and money put into rigging up that yak. Some of these higher end yaks are good enough to take out, but figuring out your setup goes a long way to the usability/ultimate satisfaction. I’m talking whatever you need to suit your fishing, motors, anchors, crates, camera crap for the youtubers, or even if it’s just a seat modification for your achy back. It’s Can be enjoyable to rig up a yak to suit yourself.  

1.  Viking Reload pod means easier to load /unload gear and better storage management launching/retrieval and fishing (of course the Viking kayak came with it :)). 

2. ********** CTug trolley with sand wheels (an improvement on my last trolley) makes life a lot easier

3. Fish Finder (why did it take me so long to get one!)

Growing a set of balls here in Fla. Courage to go into the ocean and into gator country.

Learning to fly fish. The ultimate stealth approach in less than 1 ft of water.

Common sense to once in a while override the newly found set of balls.

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.