SUP Fishing

I used a Bixpy with a fin attachment when SUP.  It works like a trolling motor.  You can the paddle down.  It’s got reverse and you can steer by leaning and/or dragging your rod tip a little.  It’s got a miles of range too.

erik at electric Watersports sells them

19 hours ago, House said:

I have the Eagle FishSUP 126 and it is pretty awesome to fish out of. It’s way more stable than my kayaks and pretty fast, too. I just worry about how it will hold up over time to the sun and rocks. 

I have never owned an inflatable but have considered it for ease of transport and rocky areas. I would rather use one of those around rocks than my Bote hard board. The whitewater paddlers use inflatables. Should last a long time if not over inflated and stored out of direct sun.

19 hours ago, Sparkerdawg said:

I used a Bixpy with a fin attachment when SUP.  It works like a trolling motor.  You can the paddle down.  It’s got reverse and you can steer by leaning and/or dragging your rod tip a little.  It’s got a miles of range too.

erik at electric Watersports sells them

I was looking at those the other day. How reliable are they? 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, House said:

I have the Eagle FishSUP 126 and it is pretty awesome to fish out of. It’s way more stable than my kayaks and pretty fast, too. I just worry about how it will hold up over time to the sun and rocks. 

Sea Eagles home office and showroom is about 5 min from my house. Definitely a stable craft and good prices they have too. They’ve been making Quality inflatables for a long time. I looked very closely at the fishsup126 but ended up with an Aero Rover. Seemed even more stable and I can put a 6hp on it although currently just using a trolling motor 

No Bait. No Barbs. No Buckets.