fishweewee

*New coronavirus - it's pretty bad.

Rate this topic

48,493 posts in this topic

The WSJ had a column on race as a risk factor. Black, Latino and Native Americans are 2X as likely to die as whites of Covid-19, so the CDC  explicitly authorized treating physicians to consider race as a factor in prescribing the latest Pfizer and Merck pills.  I think this was a week ago.

1 min ago, BrianBM said:

The WSJ had a column on race as a risk factor. Black, Latino and Native Americans are 2X as likely to die as whites of Covid-19, so the CDC  explicitly authorized treating physicians to consider race as a factor in prescribing the latest Pfizer and Merck pills.  I think this was a week ago.

Love to see how that study was done.  Is it that there is something inherently different in that population vs whites with everything controlled for or is it the usual nonsense that they're 2x more likely to die because of "lifestyle" and the supposed "lack of access to HC" that's forever invoked.  If you can't even obtain an ID card how can we expect you to access HC?

I don't know. I didn't see the original article, it was mentioned as President Trump's source for his claim that Biden is trying to kill white people, made at his last campaign rally.

I did read the NYT article you mentioned, and it was excellent. One thing struck me about it; for all the names mentioned as having done major research relevant to the creation of the vaccine, the name of Dr. Malone was notably absent. His work was indeed important to the field, but not, apparently, to the past 15-20 years of work, in various places, that led to the vaccines now in use.

20 mins ago, HopHead said:

Love to see how that study was done.  Is it that there is something inherently different in that population vs whites with everything controlled for or is it the usual nonsense that they're 2x more likely to die because of "lifestyle" and the supposed "lack of access to HC" that's forever invoked.  If you can't even obtain an ID card how can we expect you to access HC?

Based on what I saw where I work, it was more a choice.  All have very good health care but didn't want to get vaccinated.

Just now, Suebert2 said:

Based on what I saw where I work, it was more a choice.  All have very good health care but didn't want to get vaccinated.

As expected....there's always a back story to their "oppression."   We can't get an ID to vote!

8 mins ago, fishweewee said:

this is kinda stupid

when you consider that people get a flu shot every year

it's the same concept

Who gets a flu shot every year.  The last time I did (pre Covid) I was the sickest ever from the flu.  I haven't bothered since.

Cabo

7 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

Who gets a flu shot every year.  The last time I did (pre Covid) I was the sickest ever from the flu.  I haven't bothered since.

Cabo

Better question is who gets 3 or 4 flu shots every year?

45 mins ago, fishweewee said:

this is kinda stupid

when you consider that people get a flu shot every year

it's the same concept

Which people? Lmao not me never had one in my life. Been absolutely fine without it. 

get the point, Wee Wee?

Looks like NoVac Covidic got sent packing from down under.....good for him.  What are the chances they don't let him back in for 3 years like every  other joe plumber that gets deported?  Zero.....he makes people money.

35 mins ago, Suebert2 said:

This is the case everywhere yet NEJM, JAMA always have “systemic racism” in at least one article per issue. What ever happened to leading the horse to water but not being able to make him drink?