fishweewee

*New coronavirus - it's pretty bad.

Rate this topic

48,493 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Mike said:

People want absolutes. It's easy to think in absolutes. It works and life returns. It doesn't work. Black and white vision in a greyscale world. 

I don't speak for everyone and I speak mostly try to speak with honor.  I said it in another thread, there is no honor these days.  

Do you wanna know what I want?  Accountability.  Sometimes starting with a fresh clean slate is necessary.  Watching Fauchi or Biden or any one of these lying ****s stand up and say they were wrong about the vaccine preventing Covid.  Once owning up to it, then tell the public what the plan going forward is.  Look man, I'm a stock holder too and no one want's to see their equities go down.  But sometimes going a little backwards helps you go forward.  

Moving goal posts so it looks like you were right all along is foolish.  

1 min ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I don't speak for everyone and I speak mostly try to speak with honor.  I said it in another thread, there is no honor these days.  

Do you wanna know what I want?  Accountability.  Sometimes starting with a fresh clean slate is necessary.  Watching Fauchi or Biden or any one of these lying ****s stand up and say they were wrong about the vaccine preventing Covid.  Once owning up to it, then tell the public what the plan going forward is.  Look man, I'm a stock holder too and no one want's to see their equities go down.  But sometimes going a little backwards helps you go forward.  

Bravo, sir.

4 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

I wonder if the virus could mutate into a variant the vaccine is very effective against. 

Unfortunately, selective pressure in a population with a lot of jabs works against that.

America Institute of Physics study from the summer, not sure if this was discussed previously. Now being revisited. Our health network may mandate N95/KN95 or higher for all employees, at all times while on duty, even when not in direct contact with patients. My fat face will never recover :shock:

I already need a P100 mask w/replaceable filters for patient care scenarios - (it's the only model that will seal adequately).

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0057100

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-health-arizona-california-0113146dc7b8fd8a5b6a5624d8e0e30c

Rumors of this as well here in NJ hospitals ...

When I popped positive the Monday after Christmas, I was told no follow up testing to confirm negative infection, prior to returning to work. As long as I was symptom free, I was good to go after 7 days from symptoms onset, then it was switched to 5 days, then back to 7, then they considered letting me back to work as soon as I felt better, regardless of how many days passed.

The levels of mixed messaging has never been higher :wee:

24 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Accountability appears to be something of a lost childhood fantasy. We just surrendered in war that went on for 20 years, no accountability there. Either for the politicians, academics or military establishment that conducted it. All the damage done over in Afganistan.

The only time there seems to be some "accountability", is if maybe something serves a political goal. Accountability is the Colonel that said something after the withdrawal, his career ruined. Not the aholes that perpetuated the disaster.

I know it's off corona topic

Edited by NJFrank

9 mins ago, Mike said:

Unfortunately, selective pressure in a population with a lot of jabs works against that.

Unless you are confronted with a bioweapon engineered to do exactly that.

Hypothetically.

Everyone needs to read the definition of scientific method, then ask themselves whether any part could be manipulted depending on the desired outcome, and/or whether or not it's being followed as designed.

Edited by Kbetts

13 mins ago, Jeff B said:

America Institute of Physics study from the summer, not sure if this was discussed previously. Now being revisited. Our health network may mandate N95/KN95 or higher for all employees, at all times while on duty, even when not in direct contact with patients. My fat face will never recover :shock:

I already need a P100 mask w/replaceable filters for patient care scenarios - (it's the only model that will seal adequately).

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0057100

Could someone effectively work full shifts, doing physical work while wearing that. It's bad enough doing it with surgical masks or even cloth, you still need to move them, to get some good air and more of it. 

35 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Absolutely 100% agree BUT reality dictates that there is no accountability  for these people and you should either accept it or do what most of us do: simmer and wait in the hopes that the day is coming.  As much as I can't stand them I will say what I have from the start......they couldn't win no matter what they said and I believe you know that.

As far as "vaccine preventing covid" NO ONE promised you that nor was that ever the intention.  If you believe what a few others here believe, namely that this is no big deal and the hospital crush doesn't matter then IMO let's just be nice and say I think that's misguided.  I realize that almost none of you get to experience firsthand what those of us in HC are witnessing so you either don't believe us or truly just don't care.

34 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

I wonder if the virus could mutate into a variant the vaccine is very effective against. 

You mean like the first strain?  You know.....the one the vax was developed for?

2 mins ago, HopHead said:

As far as "vaccine preventing covid" NO ONE promised you that nor was that ever the intention. 

Isn't that exactly what President Biden said during a town hall back in July?

Does anyone know the number of icu beds currently occupied by covid patients?  I can't find an updated "dashboard".

Not ones with, but ones from.