fishweewee

*New coronavirus - it's pretty bad.

Rate this topic

32,321 posts in this topic

Pfizer vaccine is going to get full FDA approval in January 2022 ... at the latest. 

Approval could come sooner.

As of yesterday, 190.7 million doses of Pfizer and 137.9 million of Moderna have been administered since mid-December 2020.

At what point will holdouts have no reason to defer?

1 hour ago, Fly By Nite said:

So, what i'm hearing is you can still shed virus if you're vaccinated. 

Also need the breakdown  between mRNA and JnJ for this issue.

the flu vaccine effectiveness ranges from 10% to 45% in any given season or something like that.

and we're quibbling over ~60% effectivness for the crappiest rice rabies vaccine.  crazy.

Bottom line is whether or not you get severely ill if you test positive after being vaccinated.  WGAF about the sniffles if that's what all the hand wringing about "catching it after being fully vaxxed" is.  

Just now, HopHead said:

Bottom line is whether or not you get severely ill if you test positive after being vaccinated.  WGAF about the sniffles if that's what all the hand wringing about "catching it after being fully vaxxed" is.  

they're like "AHA the vexxine is total ********..."

you guys know i lean right on political issues and i have lot of friends in those circles who are rabidly anti-vaccine.

it really borders on derangement and i just wonder if these people are acting like children.

2 mins ago, HopHead said:

Shedding. If you're symptomatic you're probably shedding virus too.

1 min ago, fishweewee said:

you guys know i lean right on political issues and i have lot of friends in those circles who are rabidly anti-vaccine.

it really borders on derangement and i just wonder if these people are acting like children.

Red states. Look at Louisiana. Spiking like crazy. 36% vax rate in the state. 50% in NOLA. In a couple of weeks they went from 20 to 600 cases a day. Delta running wild in the delta

15 mins ago, fishweewee said:

I did mention, like, very early on in this thread that Trump should have sealed the f*kkin borders, right?  In December 2019 when Xithead talked to the WHO.

you really believe that would have mattered?  There is rice rabies in Antarctica. Maybe it would have delayed the inevitable. 

19 mins ago, fishweewee said:

We have best in class (unprecedented, really) vaccines being offered to us right here in the United States.

About half the population doesn't want to take it.

Part of the rest of the world would kill for it.  Nobody in South Africa wants Covax, Sputnik, AstraZeneca, or even Janssen (J&J).

Premier Zhou Baidin has already arranged to ship a bunch overseas.

Hell, I know people who are flying in just to get the vaccine here.

So let the unvaccinated die. 

7 mins ago, Mike said:

Red states. Look at Louisiana. Spiking like crazy. 36% vax rate in the state. 50% in NOLA. In a couple of weeks they went from 20 to 600 cases a day. Delta running wild in the delta

South and central heart land i would bet.  I don't even need to look at a map.  The demographics tell you all you need to know. This is modern evolution fast forwarded. 

38 mins ago, fishweewee said:

Children will calm down and learn if you show them facts.

These rabidly anti vaxxers won't hear anything that does not start and end with no shot for me.

16 hours ago, metaliczombi said:

Lol.

I don't care about Sinovac from a US perspective. Totally different vaccine too.

47 mins ago, fishweewee said:

I told you guys months ago we'd be back wearing masks and $hit.

I really hope that mask requirements aren’t coming back. If they do it better be just for unvaccinated people. I won’t be wearing one anywhere except a medical building or a plane. I’m done with it and pretty much everyone I know feels the same way.