The Virus Thread

Rate this topic

flyangler

No question asked, just information. 

This is being updated based on reported cases so it is only as good as governments' honest reporting of the stats. That said, it is as "real time" as you will find. Zoom out for the world view. 

Note the line graph in the top photo, left side. Is the number of cases slowing down? Or is China holding back data? 

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

09B65E71-A883-40AB-A14D-E3E6933F99AC.jpeg.31dbbe0ce8796971930ab11a3a4adf36.jpeg

38A09E6B-BC3A-478E-80F1-4652677DAD5B.jpeg.1b9aacb50d1af7cb1e54aed91212a506.jpeg

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Background on the database and map creation:

https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Well, it’s all about incubation time.  If I could make a drawing on here of a circle in a circle in a circle etc, with the first circle being we will call it infected initial I sub 1, the next circled I sub 2, you get the idea. You could be seeing the lag between I sub 2 and 3, it won’t be perfect, but remember you are plotting an average distribution as the time before each exponential growth of the propagation, that average is the distance between rings, with each ring basically doubling over the previous in a given population.

How many people in the US are affected? Can’t even guess until you know the incubation time before symptoms, which most people delay treatment for a few days on, and that is likely the superinfective part.

More people die of the flu/pneumonia every year in the US than by firearms. Ebola swept across West Africa, 1,000s died and it stopped at the water's edge(1 or 2 cases in US, both lived). It turns out, that as horrible as Ebola is, it's transmission is related to lifestyle choices and hygiene(much like HIV/AIDS).

It's the same thing with Corona Virus/SARS/MERS/Avian Flu(all strains of the same virus), take precautions as you would with Flu and Cold and you wont get it. The ability for these viruses to reach the level of "Global Pandemic" pretty much faded away with modern hygiene in the 1st world. It stops at the water's edge with a few cases bleeding through. I expect less than 100 cases total in the US.

I avoid flus and colds pretty well. Here is my secret. Keep your stupid fingers away from your nose. 

I wash my hands several times a day, and I keep my fingers out of my nose.

When someone has live virus, usually they have mucous discharges. They get this material on their fingers. They then touch things. 

A great spot to get someone’s smeared mucous is on shopping carts. You have seen some stores with wipes, because it is a well known transfer. Touch screens for processing purchases. Especially those at the pharmacy.

Hand shakes can be problematic, and bumping fists works good for almost everyone these days.

The best thing that you can do to stem the spread and avoid it is to keep your stupid fingers out of your nose and wash your hands several times during the day. We really are not aware of how many times we touch our noses. Pay attention and you can avoid most any flu or cold out there.

Or just get a six pack of Corona and accept your fate. We will all die now. Probably started on some farm for meat ducks.

Edited by FishinMortician

Yeah, "Peaking" - Not! 

F202C0A7-5E82-4DC6-979F-647EF36EBC02.jpeg.c8797ee605848e95d36899dc128fe967.jpeg

- Victor Davis Hanson 

26 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

I avoid flus and colds pretty well. Here is my secret. Keep your stupid fingers away from your nose. 

I wash my hands several times a day, and I keep my fingers out of my nose.

When someone has live virus, usually they have mucous discharges. They get this material on their fingers. They then touch things. 

A great spot to get someone’s smeared mucous is on shopping carts. You have seen some stores with wipes, because it is a well known transfer. Touch screens for processing purchases. Especially those at the pharmacy.

Hand shakes can be problematic, and bumping fists works good for almost everyone these days.

The best thing that you can do to stem the spread and avoid it is to keep your stupid fingers out of your nose and wash your hands several times during the day. We really are not aware of how many times we touch our noses. Pay attention and you can avoid most any flu or cold out there.

Or just get a six pack of Corona and accept your fate. We will all die now. Probably started on some farm for meat ducks.

Frickin' elevator buttons and door knobs. 

- Victor Davis Hanson