b-ware

Sportmans Show

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, Joe G said:

If your a Civil War aficionado, I understand that some elements of the 35th Virginia Calvary Battalion will be present..

Joe g, did you or angler#1 fight in civil war

14 hours ago, burkie said:

Burkie we served during the Veitnam time frame , That was another civil war that was based on politics , The first one freed the slaves thanks to Lincoln. I did not fight as you posted, as i was aboard a man of war fighting destroyer, that for the most part was keeping the main shipping channels between the Med and Red Sea Open [Suez Canal , Beirut, Lebanon} Thanks for asking. My ship supplied support during the the last of the Vietnam war to all of the ground troops , like it it did for Korea. Them 5,50 inch shells make a big hole when they land     

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Burkie we served during the Veitnam time frame , That was another civil war that was based on politics , The first one freed the slaves thanks to Lincoln. I did not fight as you posted, as i was aboard a man of war fighting destroyer, that for the most part was keeping the main shipping channels between the Med and Red Sea Open [Suez Canal , Beirut, Lebanon} Thanks for asking. My ship supplied support during the the last of the Vietnam war to all of the ground troops , like it it did for Korea. Them 5,50 inch shells make a big hole when they land     

Angler#1, joe g about 20 years ago said that you were in your 80s that's why I said civil war, and that joe g was in ww1

16 hours ago, burkie said:

No, no, Burkie.  Far East my friend.

Was both interesting and challenging.