Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

"The thing" about Charlie Moore is his non-stop spew of stuff that comes out of his mouth. At issue is that he has no idea of what he is talking about. OTW has their own version in Ron Powers and the difference is that Ron DOES KNOW what he is talking about. OTW should feature Ron in more of their shows but Ron is really a sub contractor for them and they have so much regular staff (all "fine" but no "screen presence") , as well as the owner (Chris M) that they don't think they need him.

He can project the needed "star power" that a TV venue needs though....

I like the episodes when CM has New England sports legends as guests but even those are hard to watch.

I agree that OTW has become stale but what else to we have to choose from?

I enjoy OTW when it is something new, but all too often, it is repeats. I think they do an excellent job from a visual standpoint, and really capture the fishing experience that they’re showing on that particular trip. 
I do wish it contained more content from a surfcasting standpoint, as i believe they would have more of an audience tune in. Maybe fish with some skilled anglers, like our VSSteve, who can educate people with their years of experience and knowledge. Most times they are boat fishing for the species they are highlighting, and merely catching without any real dialect about techniques or specifics. Teach, rather than just catch. To me, that’s what captivates an audience, and keeps them coming back for more.

I'd like to see an episode where the staff got skunked, caught NOTHING !!!

It happens to everyone but television personalities .....

6 hours ago, jason colby said:

OTW should feature Ron.

Agreed.  Back when OTW was printed in black and white, Ron was a regular contributor.   You could learn a lot reading his articles.  His enthusiasm for fishing is contagious.