downset21

Korkers

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking into buying a pair of Korkers before this upcoming Striper season.  I fish the canal but I am most interested in wading around Wollaston Beach and other rocky beaches on the South Shore (of Massachusetts).  I can also see myself heading to some sandy beaches in the Summer.  I will have also bought stockingfoot waders.  With all of that said, which type of Korkers have you had good experience with.  I'm looking hard at the Dark Horse boots.  

Edited by downset21

My people vouch for buckskin in rocky areas. I have greenbacks and they’ve been good to me. I do occasionally take them into rocky streams and they hold up well

Just finished my second season with the Buckskin. Had to do some gluing on a failed seam last summer and the laces are finally giving out. Otherwise they've held up to some serious abuse. I'll buy another pair when these finally die. As others have said, stay away from Boa closures for sandy beaches or you might have to cut the wires to get your boots off...

I beat the snot out of my Greenbacks this season, so if budget is an issue you'd definitely be satisfied with them. As with all things though, you get what you pay for. There are definitely other boots such as the ones mentioned above that are even better, so I'd recommend you get yourself a nicer pair.

I would go with the buckskin it’s what korkers recommended me for saltwater they have the least amount of metal hardware, I’ve had them for two seasons with out any issues and I’ve also had korkers dark horse with boa lace system still prefer my buckskin the dark horses don’t give me as much an ankle support as the buckskin 

My buckskins kicked the crap out of my white horses. I'll never go back to BOA laces either. Took the plunge on the bucks because my local shop was blowing them out for $60!