Gomexus Power Knob Install

Rate this topic

animalbarrie

When it’s 27 degrees in MD and you can’t fish, you get bored and install power knobs.  They turned out pretty good.   I had to drill out the original knobs which wasn’t too hard. Both knobs are 41mm, I probably should have went with a 38mm, but it turned out okay.  Now I just have to wait for big blue fish in the surf.  

00595198-CE75-4DE2-AEAE-90E79F7B5F49.jpeg

659F7B1C-BE71-44DC-9079-3EDD0848BE66.jpeg

B0FDEAF2-C60C-43F8-9F57-81D376410FF6.jpeg

Gomexus sells some good stuff.

I bought their carbon fiber handles for lowpros and spinners......I liked them enough to have bought multiples for my FW egg beaters.  I have 200$ yumeya handles.....and they're really close.

I put one on a certate and exist and another on shimanos.....

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

20 hours ago, animalbarrie said:

When it’s 27 degrees in MD and you can’t fish, you get bored and install power knobs.  They turned out pretty good.   I had to drill out the original knobs which wasn’t too hard. Both knobs are 41mm, I probably should have went with a 38mm, but it turned out okay.  Now I just have to wait for big blue fish in the surf.  

00595198-CE75-4DE2-AEAE-90E79F7B5F49.jpeg

659F7B1C-BE71-44DC-9079-3EDD0848BE66.jpeg

B0FDEAF2-C60C-43F8-9F57-81D376410FF6.jpeg

I'm also in MD so I've been playing around with my tackle as well in this frigid weather. Hoping to target some blue cats this weekend or next, as they're the only semi-reliable game in town, well in the salt.

58 mins ago, yakscientist said:

I'm also in MD so I've been playing around with my tackle as well in this frigid weather. Hoping to target some blue cats this weekend or next, as they're the only semi-reliable game in town, well in the salt.

Looks like we are getting a lot of rain Saturday and I am sure that will mess up the water for Sunday.   It’s 16 degrees as I type this, all my spots are frozen solid.   

1 hour ago, animalbarrie said:

Looks like we are getting a lot of rain Saturday and I am sure that will mess up the water for Sunday.   It’s 16 degrees as I type this, all my spots are frozen solid.   

Yeah the temp should hit 50 for a couple days around most of the spots I would target, so maybe it'll thaw them out. But yes there is the rain issue...can't win in the winter in MD. Maybe I should just hit up stocker trout streams instead

45 mins ago, yakscientist said:

Yeah the temp should hit 50 for a couple days around most of the spots I would target, so maybe it'll thaw them out. But yes there is the rain issue...can't win in the winter in MD. Maybe I should just hit up stocker trout streams instead

I stick to sporting clays in the winter.  I’ll start fishing again in mid March.  The largemouth might start moving around if it’s warm enough.   

10 hours ago, yakscientist said:

they just recently stocked too but i can't seem to get in on any lol.