Tampa Wading/Kayak rental fishing DIY

Rate this topic

slfriedm

35 mins ago, kroc said:

Weedon Island to Cypress Point Park?  Wouldn't that be a marathon paddle?

As written, wading at Cypress Point or cross bridge for kayak rental at Weedon.  Nothing about paddling from one to the other.  Could be done but that would be a very long paddle.   lol

9 hours ago, kayak99 said:

As written, wading at Cypress Point or cross bridge for kayak rental at Weedon.  Nothing about paddling from one to the other.  Could be done but that would be a very long paddle.   lol

Sorry I guess I misunderstood the post.  Weedon is a great kayaking spot and offers a lot of options depending how far you want to paddle.

• 2 weeks later...

I explored a few spots along the shorelines east of Rocky Point. Maybe 4-5 hours of total fishing. I didn’t get to fish as much as I wanted.  The days before were cold but I did still see some life. Using soft plastics, I had one snook and a few hits.  There is so much to fish for down there, I want to spend a few weeks

On 2/3/2020 at 8:57 PM, slfriedm said:

I hear Cypress Park has a bacteria warning for swimmers?  What’s that all about?  I thought red tide was a summer thing or this something different?  

To answer your bacteria warning, Tampa has a bad habit of dumping sewage into Tampa Bay once in a while. When the alerts are out its not recommended you swim or wade if you have any open cuts.  Nothing to do with Red Tide.

Glad you got some fishing in. Yes, lots of species to fish for.  Sheepshead are hot right now.

• 2 weeks later...