Local24 SSP

Los Buzos, Panama

59 posts in this topic

I read online that there was someone at that lodge yesterday that fought and landed a black marlin.....6 hour battle and estimated weight of 600 lbs. !!!  Took him for a 15 mile ride !!  LOL..

Congrats to that guy !!

Danny V

1 min ago, Wicked Dan said:

I read online that there was someone at that lodge yesterday that fought and landed a black marlin.....6 hour battle and estimated weight of 600 lbs. !!!  Took him for a 15 mile ride !!  LOL..

Congrats to that guy !!

Danny V

That was Adam Fisk. It’s his 3rd kayak caught marlin. He’s the head of operations. 

1 hour ago, Wicked Dan said:

Congrats to that guy !!

Danny V

That's utterly insane. How did he not get spooled? 

13 hours ago, Bigred78 said:

I'm trying to save up enough cash to go next year. Sailfish out of the yak is at the top of my bucket list.

Deep blue kayak charters out of Boynton Beach does pretty well with sailfish as well. Pretty reasonably priced and in the states. 

I can confirm the place is epic. I was at Los Buzos second half of August and had a blast. Fishing was touch from their experience but I managed to catch tons of small snappers, tuna's, big eye jack and a cubera snapper. That last one was a beast with some scary teeth. I haven't seen my footage yet in Robert Fields videos yet. He was right next to me when I hooked the cubera so he must have had good footage. Or maybe I'm just no camera material.........

Cubera.jpg

Nope. I wasn't in there as well and that seems to be from his last trip in January. Looks like he skipped the second week in August at all. That's a pity.

I'll send him a personal message asking if he can share his footage with me so I can brag with it for the family..... Would like to have it as a reminder / memory.