JBOntario

New Member Guidelines - WTB Seeking Stella Part ?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

As new member , read & fully understand guidelines and waiting period for postings ... I have an inquiry on guidance as to possibly where I may find a replacement Right Hand Axle Shaft # RD 8184 for older Shimano Stella FA 5000 as my 13 year old son misplaced it now wont conform to left hand use as he NEEDS his FA5000 for upcoming trip ! . I've tried Mike's and Aiken's in Canada and online distributors but search appears slim for any stock ? Any help would be truly appreciated . Truly , Joseph 

Post approved. JBOntario is seeking advice and minding the house Rulez. Other posters are reminded that he doesn't have PM privileges yet.

Any advise for our fellow angler?

"Misplaced it," I have to laugh. This recalls my young attempts to take a reel apart and reassemble it.

Might as well try giving Shimano a call - their guaranty of having parts available 10 years past the discontinued date doesn't necessarily mean they won't have the part beyond that point (there's just no guaranty they will)

3 hours ago, JBOntario said:

As new member , read & fully understand guidelines and waiting period for postings ... I have an inquiry on guidance as to possibly where I may find a replacement Right Hand Axle Shaft # RD 8184 for older Shimano Stella FA 5000 as my 13 year old son misplaced it now wont conform to left hand use as he NEEDS his FA5000 for upcoming trip ! . I've tried Mike's and Aiken's in Canada and online distributors but search appears slim for any stock ? Any help would be truly appreciated . Truly , Joseph 

Are you saying you need the axel so thank you can crank the reel with the RIGHT hand?

i have a Stella 3000 which looks the JDM version of an FA. Currently the handle sits on the left side, so I crank with my left hand. I have a spare axel in the box. The part #s are all in Japanese, so I cannot tell you if this will fit your reel. Not sure if you can hunt what part # it is on the internet. 

Check Plat for 2001 Stella SW5000PG part 129 if it's the same. I'm not sure if PG and HG are interchangeable because your reel is actually the HG model and it seems they don't have it.

3 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Post approved. JBOntario is seeking advice and minding the house Rulez. Other posters are reminded that he doesn't have PM privileges yet.

Any advise for our fellow angler?

"Misplaced it," I have to laugh. This recalls my young attempts to take a reel apart and reassemble it.

I appreciate your "misplaced" understanding . Truly , Joseph

3 hours ago, albacized said:

Might as well try giving Shimano a call - their guaranty of having parts available 10 years past the discontinued date doesn't necessarily mean they won't have the part beyond that point (there's just no guaranty they will)

Did exactly communicate with Shimano Peterborough in Ontario Canada was told discontinued unavailable as with US distribution. Thanks J

2 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Stangely enough, e-replacement-parts (remove the dashes and add the dot you-know-what) often has reel parts.

Thanks will try .... that . Thanks, J

2 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

Are you saying you need the axel so thank you can crank the reel with the RIGHT hand?

i have a Stella 3000 which looks the JDM version of an FA. Currently the handle sits on the left side, so I crank with my left hand. I have a spare axel in the box. The part #s are all in Japanese, so I cannot tell you if this will fit your reel. Not sure if you can hunt what part # it is on the internet. 

Correct , seeking the shaft axel to convert from left hand mode which is currently in use to right handed mode as my son "misplaced" the right axle shaft Shimano part # RD 8184 . Thanks . J

2 hours ago, mandaragat said:

Check Plat for 2001 Stella SW5000PG part 129 if it's the same. I'm not sure if PG and HG are interchangeable because your reel is actually the HG model and it seems they don't have it.

Will attempt to cross reference online , if unavailable data may place a direct call to Plat and hope your guidance helps . Thank you , J

On 1/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, Maine Guide said:

Maine Guide , Any Chance You Still Have This # RD8184 Right Hand Axle From 2017 Post ? Fellow Member Sent Me This Notification ?

Maine Guide

• 5,000 Post Club!
  •  
  • BST Users
  •  
  • 10,630 posts

I have one for a Stella 5000fa but it does not show that part number

FACTS are Kryptonite to a Liberal

Maine Guide

• 5,000 Post Club!
  •  
  • BST Users
  •  
  • 10,630 posts

Looks like the one I have is RD 8184

5 mins ago, JBOntario said:

Maine Guide

• 5,000 Post Club!
  •  
  • BST Users
  •  
  • 10,630 posts

I have one for a Stella 5000fa but it does not show that part number

Maine Guide

• 5,000 Post Club!
  •  
  • BST Users
  •  
  • 10,630 posts

Looks like the one I have is RD 8184

Hey JB, I unloaded that to a guy on the 360 Tuna site.  

I had both a 4000FA and a 5000FA a few years back.  Sold them both to a friend, but kept the shaft on one before I unloaded it.  Not the other unfortunately.

Nice avatar by the way!

Total hotti lol :agree:, and appreciate your response on past axle posting , thank you , I also have few older FA's and like them better than SW series which I sold and then converted nearly all my 5-20 series to Saltiga's exceptions of my sons 5k and single 8 /10 /20 FA's , which I still find extremely smooth after 10 + yrs and still fish them as often as I can :howdy: but somehow Saltigas inspire confidence and have yet to fail . All in great reels . Thank you