ASrod

How many of you are actually healthy?

Rate this topic

205 posts in this topic

I work out like crazy, but eat and drink like chit.  Debating whether or not to get shoulder stabilization surgery. If I got that route, going to have to clean up the diet for sure.

1 min ago, Jmat321 said:

I work out like crazy, but eat and drink like chit.  Debating whether or not to get shoulder stabilization surgery. If I got that route, going to have to clean up the diet for sure.

Ever try PT? I know people who have stabilized their shoulders without surgery and now they’re fine.

I consider myself lucky to be feeling good and healthy at almost 64.   I do have mild a-fib which I take meds for but at a low dosage and have no physical restrictions.  I haven't had an episode in three years now; prior to that I would normally get one per year for a few hours with only a slight dizziness from it.   I have an under-active thyroid which I also take meds for but I never experienced any symptoms and was discovered by accident when I had my first a-fib episode and the doctor wanted to rule out over-active thyroid as the cause. I have mild arthritis in my knees from decades of playing sports and being generally active.   I can't jump (I'm 6'1" and used to be able to dunk two-handed) as well as I used to but can walk without pain and run with the middle and high school basketball players when I'm reffing.

Otherwise, no other physical complaints.  

My diet is a mix of junk and health food but I like it that way.   I weigh only 10 pounds more than when I was in college but with more muscle from working out in the gym two or three times a week for years.

what do you mean healthy ?   my bp is 120 over 80 . no cholesterol. I don't take any meds or funny weed.   not diabetic. stress test was good.   but I like to eat so that makes me unhealthy ? as red would say  @@@@ you. 

Well yes, been eating well for a long time now.  Drink only on weekends and nothing crazy, couple of beers.  No fried foods.  Meat maybe once a month.  Pretty much I do not eat anything that comes in a box or bag, so no chips, processed food, etc.  I watch my sugar and salt.  I eat lot's of organic fruit, vegetables and salad. Haven't had a soda, diet or otherwise, in forever.  I am always surprised to see people still buying cartons of soda.  Drink 60+ oz of water a day.  Exercise 3x a week.  Run and still play basketball once a week.  Can still run a 7 minute mile..Had rotator cuff surgery 2 months ago.  Rehab progressing very well..

28 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

I'm out

why is your avatard an amazon listing lolol