Bristol Lou

disabled nj veterans beach buggy permits

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Also, if you stop in any state park office such as Island Beach State Park, you can get a senior pass (65 and older) that give you free entrance to any state park that has a fee.  Not a beach buggy pass, but free entry to the park.

1 hour ago, CharlieK said:

Also, if you stop in any state park office such as Island Beach State Park, you can get a senior pass (65 and older) that give you free entrance to any state park that has a fee.  Not a beach buggy pass, but free entry to the park.

Had one for a couple years

2 hours ago, CharlieK said:

Might be 62?

Posted (edited) · Report post

From the NJDEP Parks and Forest web site:  "Due to high demand, Island Beach State Park’s Mobile Sport Fishing Vehicle Permits are sold out for this year! We will make an announcement on face book when start selling 2021 MSF permits in December. Thank you to all our visitors who bought 2020 permits!"

Ok, so earlier in the year after buying Mobile Sport Fishing Permits for years at $195.00 I went down to the Island Beach State Park Office IBSP and did find out they were sold out.  During the year, I received a service connected disability from the Veterans Administration.  The Mobile Sport Fishing Permit would have been free, but there were none to be had.  I only basically fish in the Spring and Fall.  So, I seen where a 3 day permit was available with an application, so I filed for 2, 3 day permits.  I indicated my diasbility and all the vehicle information etc., on the forms and mailed them.  I did receive a call back and was told, I could not get these 3 day permits because I did not include $100.00 for the 2 separate fees.  One would think that if you can get a year long permit at no charge because of your Veterans disability status, you certainly could get  two (2), three (3) day permits.  I was told to apply in December when the 2021 Moblie Sport Fishing Permits become available.  Go figure!

No permits, unable to walk the distance, no fishing this fall at IBSP.

Edited by TimS
Link removed

12 hours ago, CaptainBill said:

From the NJDEP Parks and Forest web site:  "Due to high demand, Island Beach State Park’s Mobile Sport Fishing Vehicle Permits are sold out for this year! We will make an announcement on face book when start selling 2021 MSF permits in December. Thank you to all our visitors who bought 2020 permits!"

Ok, so earlier in the year after buying Mobile Sport Fishing Permits for years at $195.00 I went down to the Island Beach State Park Office IBSP and did find out they were sold out.  During the year, I received a service connected disability from the Veterans Administration.  The Mobile Sport Fishing Permit would have been free, but there were none to be had.  I only basically fish in the Spring and Fall.  So, I seen where a 3 day permit was available with an application, so I filed for 2, 3 day permits.  I indicated my diasbility and all the vehicle information etc., on the forms and mailed them.  I did receive a call back and was told, I could not get these 3 day permits because I did not include $100.00 for the 2 separate fees.  One would think that if you can get a year long permit at no charge because of your Veterans disability status, you certainly could get  two (2), three (3) day permits.  I was told to apply in December when the 2021 Moblie Sport Fishing Permits become available.  Go figure!

No permits, unable to walk the distance, no fishing this fall at IBSP.

get it in Dec this year  by mail

That's what I was told when I called back the IBSP Office; "to apply in December."  I'm going to do that, but it just does not make sense that you can get a full year (if available, which it's not) but you can't get a limited 3 day permit.  Or does it?  I'd like to see th Department send me an explanation of their interpretation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, a handicapped State plackard, and a VA service connected disability designation.

It makes me think of the old addage; "I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

5 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

That suvks Capt Bill.  I suggest you call and write / email your state and fed representatives 

I betcha you get your passes

I normally am the type of person who would do that, except time is of the essence.  I need some help and my Son and a friend was available to give me assistance for the days applied.

Edited by CaptainBill
English correction

51 mins ago, CaptainBill said:

That's what I was told when I called back the IBSP Office; "to apply in December."  I'm going to do that, but it just does not make sense that you can get a full year (if available, which it's not) but you can't get a limited 3 day permit.  Or does it?  I'd like to see th Department send me an explanation of their interpretation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, a handicapped State plackard, and a VA service connected disability designation.

It makes me think of the old addage; "I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Are they even giving out 3 day passes?  Once covid hit everyone moved to they're summer homes or so it seems and bought buggy permits. When law was passed in Jan I was notified by Sen Connors and went to all the municipalities north of IBSP and showed them the law. They are all on board. Go to a neighboring town and apply for a free NJ resident service connected disability permit.

Thanks Lou,

I also did that down in LBI.  The locals were very nice about issuing a Mobile Beach Permit.  Trouble is the distance and limited air refilling, but it will have to do for me now until the State gets it's act together on it's own State Law!

And yes, you can apply for a 3 day permit with the on-line form and mail it in, but include the fee of $50.00 for each 3 day permit.  Apparently even if you are fee exempt, and that is basically my issue.

I appreciate your responses, stay safe.

Regards,

Captain Bill

I received my Beach Buggy permit from IBSP back in Sep (2 months ago).  They said it was all sold out, when I initially asked, but because I was a Disabled Vet, service-connected, they told me to send in the required paperwork. I did, and a week later I had my yearly pass. I'll have to resubmit in Dec for the 2021 pass, but I had no problem getting the yearly pass.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, Captain Lew said:

Also if your 70 and over you don't need a  fishing license in NJ just an ID.

Does this include fresh water licenses if over 70.....

1 hour ago, beret said:

Does this include fresh water licenses if over 70.....

Yes fresh water you are good 70 or over, just photo ID, you don't need a license for saltwater.

Edited by Captain Lew

4 hours ago, Captain Lew said:

Yes fresh water you are good 70 or over, just photo ID, you don't need a license for saltwater.

Both answers are correct. But for Saltwater, you will need to have a Saltwater Registery card.  That is FREE regardless of age.  The Saltwater Registration runs on a calendar year basis.  The on line form is printable and it must be carried with you while fishing in tidal waters and off the coast.  The link for registration and/or reapplication is below.

https://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/