Bristol Lou

disabled nj veterans beach buggy permits

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

January 14, 2020
Dear constituent:
Please be advised that companion legislation, S-1703 and A-715, which would exempt disabled veterans from beach buggy permit fees, was passed by the full Assembly yesterday.
The legislation has now passed both Houses of the Legislature and is on the Governor’s desk for his review and consideration.
Certainly, we will update you on any action taken by the Governor.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide this legislative update and the privilege of serving as your 9th District Legislative Representatives.
Sincerely
Just received this email hoping governor Murphy signs this bill his record with veterans leaves a lot to be desired.

Hoping that he signs this bill as it would increase access possibilities for many people who would benefit. It's the least that he could do to thank vets for their sacrifices.

I have a simple question.

Is a disabled Vet one who became disabled while in the Military or could a disabled Vet be someone that used to be the military and became disabled while not employed by the Military?

Posted (edited) · Report post

58 mins ago, wasy said:

I have a simple question.

Is a disabled Vet one who became disabled while in the Military or could a disabled Vet be someone that used to be the military and became disabled while not employed by the Military?

probably have to pass this to see whats in it NJ bills s1703 and a715

Edited by Bristol Lou
add bill #

“Disabled veteran” means any resident of the State who has been  honorably discharged or released under honorable circumstances  from active service in any branch of the Armed Forces of the United  States and who has been declared by the United States Department  of Veterans Affairs, or its successor, to have a service-connected disability of any degree. 

You can also get free freshwater fishing license and trout stamp. Recreational crabbing and clamming license. I don't hunt but I believe they are free also to disabled Vets.   

3 hours ago, CharlieK said:

Lou,

I am a veteran , but not a disabled veteran. However I did stub my toe this morning so do you think I qualify?

:point:Charley see above

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks

Good to know. I am a disabled vet and get the freshwater licenses.  I was going to get a beach buggy permit for Brick, NJ, but didn't.  I'll research to see if there's a certain percentage that qualifies.

*** the bill states " 

A disabled veteran is defined in this bill to mean a State resident who has been honorably discharged from any branch of the United States Armed Forces and has been declared by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as having any degree of service-connected disability.
Edited by DonF
update on bill

49 mins ago, DonF said:

Thanks

Good to know. I am a disabled vet and get the freshwater licenses.  I was going to get a beach buggy permit for Brick, NJ, but didn't.  I'll research to see if there's a certain percentage that qualifies.

*** the bill states " 

A disabled veteran is defined in this bill to mean a State resident who has been honorably discharged from any branch of the United States Armed Forces and has been declared by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as having any degree of service-connected disability.

It sounds like it's for any town permit but may be limited to state park (IBSP) currently Brigatine gives all veterans a free pass

On 1/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, DoorGunner said:

You can also get free freshwater fishing license and trout stamp. Recreational crabbing and clamming license. I don't hunt but I believe they are free also to disabled Vets.   

Also if your 70 and over you don't need a  fishing license in NJ just an ID.

11 mins ago, Captain Lew said:

Also if your 70 and over you don't need a  fishing license in NJ just an ID.

Be quiet. We don't need a bunch of old turds out there screwing it up for us young studs.