Cool new Shimano gear coming for 2020

Rate this topic

scoobydoo

I'll have pics up and a vid talkin about it in a little bit...but

Lots of new Stella SWC reels...4k, 5k, 6k, plus the bigguns.  Weights will be in the 12.5 to 15 ounce range for the 4-6k sizes... 6k size is about 300 yards of 30lb braid which is that KEY capacity for me.

New Twinpower FD Freshwater sizes up to 5k.  Looks like some conflicting reports on Shimano Japans site and the US literature.... ((edit...1000 sized rotors are "mgl"  larger sizes assumed metal) Japan says metal rotors, Ci4 gearbox and metal stem side of the frame.....US says MGL rotor which I thought was Ci4......The reel weights seem low.... so we'll see.

Some Sweet looking high end musky sticks that would look great on striper boats.  High end meaning 400$ range.  2 piece butt joint, Cork, ci4 reel seats.   

A few new exprides

A few new Poison Adrenas

The star of the show is the New totally redesigned Metanium.....I'm all in on that reel..can't wait...Magnesium frame and gearbox...BRASS gears no wimpy aluminum......MGL 3 spool.

WIth the same design philosphy of the bantam mgl which is the most robust and refined reel ever at the price......

New JIgs, and orca plugs.

A new series of budget minded Boldly colored inshore rods called the GLF

Edited by scoobydoo

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

21 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Lots of new Stella SWC reels...4k, 5k, 6k, plus the bigguns.  Weights will be in the 12.5 to 15 ounce range for the 4-6k sizes... 6k size is about 300 yards of 30lb braid which is that KEY capacity for me.

New Twinpower FD Freshwater sizes up to 5k.  Looks like some conflicting reports on Shimano Japans site and the US literature....  Japan says metal rotors, Ci4 gearbox and metal stem side of the frame.....US says MGL rotor which I thought was Ci4......The reel weights seem low.... so we'll see.

Some Sweet looking high end musky sticks that would look great on striper boats.  High end meaning 400$ range.  2 piece butt joint, Cork, ci4 reel seats.   

A few new exprides

A few new Poison Adrenas

The star of the show is the New totally redesigned Metanium.....I'm all in on that reel..can't wait...Magnesium frame and gearbox...BRASS gears no wimpy aluminum......MGL 3 spool.

WIth the same design philosphy of the bantam mgl which is the most robust and refined reel ever at the price......

the glf is a decent rod. Picked one up for my girlfriend and paired it with a vr50. See how fast she snaps it. very moderate actions, nice rod. 

31 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

New Twinpower FD Freshwater sizes up to 5k.  Looks like some conflicting reports on Shimano Japans site and the US literature....  Japan says metal rotors, Ci4 gearbox and metal stem side of the frame.....US says MGL rotor which I thought was Ci4......The reel weights seem low.... so we'll see.

A few new exprides

A few new Poison Adrenas

Exciting times!

Any word on "lower-tier" saltwater reels like a new Spheros or Saragosa? 

Also I know of a Chesapeake Bay guide or 2 using the GLF rods and they seem to like them. I like the color schemes but I'm curious as to how they compare to the many other options in that $80-120 range like the tsunami slow pitch, st croix mojo bass, etc. 

2 hours ago, Tailslap said:

US finally gets the 4000 size Stella SW? Dag Nabbit.  Looks like I will have to get one........

Beware though...they have both x protect and x shield listed on their website....

I worry the smaller sizes get x protect.....

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims