Fishy4335

Striper Day front Line List???

Rate this topic

286 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Fishy4335 said:

So then hopefully plugs will sell for cheaper so that there is no issue fishing them?!

Flippers pay double

Edited by Drew C.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:49 PM, Fishy4335 said:

This seems like a reasonable, coherent and well thought out internet threat, well done :clap:

Edited by TimS
quote edited

6 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

This seems like a reasonable, coherent and well thought out internet threat, well done :clap:

Edited by DaveC
Ian, no more threats. Ok?

41 mins ago, Fishy4335 said:

I would gladly make it a reality.... not really to find of this internet thing but how else can I get point accross.... anyways....

If you really want to make a point, just boycott the show. If I feel things aren't fully on the up and up, I write off the problem and let others know that something stinks there. Many in this thread seem to feel you wont do that because you have dollar signs in your eyes. You have to admit, the noted skepticism has some basis. 

I am just going for my Mrs.ET ss pink plug. I don't care about being first 400 I will pay the 22 bucks for it to match my plugs from the last show. Would love to snag one of the 3 zombie plug bags but chances of that are slim to none I am guessing. 

Maybe they’ll hand me some free **** because I’m assrod. That is if I show up... You fellas make me feel unwelcomed :_( 

Edited by ASrod

Wow nice to see this thread has gone the route of interwebs threats and the like.  :dismay:

Most interesting part of this chat anymore is if ASrod will go thru the hoops to get there. Flippers are laughable.  Stand on line all night for the equivalent of maybe .15 cents an hour when it all said and done.  I'll go far out on that limb to suggest there's not a business major in the whole lot of em. 

15 hours ago, gray gables said:

Market did do a correction last year after the shows. When guys like dmag and Luna are left with plugs after the shows you know something is wrong. Cyclone didn’t do asbury last which was a big loss for that show. Grs was at asbury which helped fill the void though. You had guys waiting inline for 24hrs for it to open up. Market is dead for certain builders but still hot for others. 

Waiting for the GRS shoe to drop, just a matter of time.

I can appreciate the craftsmanship and work of art that is a custom plug by a top plug maker, but at the end of the day it’s a piece of wood with hooks and pretty paint and around $25 is my max.  I have a small collection, most of which get fished but my biggest fish have all been on $8 Cotten Cordell pencils during the fall runs we used to have until all the Striped Bass were killed off. 

I always hit the show sometime in the afternoon pick up a couple plugs, etc. thankfully I’m not there early enough to deal with lines.

20 mins ago, bentstick said:

Waiting for the GRS shoe to drop, just a matter of time.

Keep waiting. The days of Gary still having plugs at his table two hours after the shows open are over, same with cyclone plugs. 

43 mins ago, fishless said:

Wow nice to see this thread has gone the route of interwebs threats and the like.  :dismay:

Most interesting part of this chat anymore is if ASrod will go thru the hoops to get there. Flippers are laughable.  Stand on line all night for the equivalent of maybe .15 cents an hour when it all said and done.  I'll go far out on that limb to suggest there's not a business major in the whole lot of em. 

You might not be as dumb as you look, after all.