Tackle

STRlPERDAY V

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2020 at 7:39 AM, baldadonis2002 said:

It looks like in previous years this was a free event and the website says they are charging $15 this year

 

Are children free if I wanted to bring my 8 year old son ?

 

The show at Ward Melville in March is free.  It is put on by the kids at Ward Melville. They have seminars all day in 3 different rooms.  From surfcasting, to charter boat fishing, to party boat fishing and more. Over 200 vendors.  They have a huge raffle/chinese auction with usually over 100 items.

 

The show this coming Sunday is ****** put on by one of the surfcasting magazines.  They are renting the school as they outgrew the college that they used to hold it in. Admission is $15.00.  They also have seminars and lots of vendors.  I believe I read the money collected from their raffle will go directly to the school's fishing program.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 10:45 AM, Batman67 said:

Kids under 12yrs old are free. Get there very early, if you want a shot at goodie bag. Especially because there will,be a superstrike plug in the bag. That will be on ebay the next day for big money. This show used to be at hofstra, first year at ward melville.

Very good show though, enjoy!

2nd year, and only 100 bags get super strikes which are randomly handed out. Is it worth it 

To show up at 6-6:30 for a 1 in 4 shot? Eh. But the show is def worth 15 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait - says doors open at 8:30am ... what's this 6-6:30 business ?

 

For the free good bag super strike lure?

 

I was planning on arriving at 8am ish and hoped to get a goody bag ( whatever would be in it)  but not a deal breaker for me, most times a "goody bag" is an emotionally let down if you set your sights too high.

 

I could care less about the SS lure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Wait - says doors open at 8:30am ... what's this 6-6:30 business ?

 

For the free good bag super strike lure?

 

I was planning on arriving at 8am ish and hoped to get a goody bag ( whatever would be in it)  but not a deal breaker for me, most times a "goody bag" is an emotionally let down if you set your sights too high.

 

I could care less about the SS lure

The parking lot opens at 6:30.  There will be people waiting in the funeral home parking lot in line much before then to get into the lot to wait on another line to get in at 8:30 to wait on another line for a plug which will sit in a line of plugs on someones shelf for eternity.  I would like to get a bag to defray the entry cost of $15 but I can't get there till at the earliest 10 and I suspect they will be gone by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was afraid that would be the case here ( given it's my first show), I assumed the best and hoped it wouldn't be the Black Friday of Fishing Shows.

 

Amen to everything you said... a bag would be nice, but not the driving factor for me.. I just want to break the winter blues and listen to the seminars and hopefully pickup a few shad bodys and jig heads.  I wouldn't mind meeting guys like Zeno and Bill W in person either, simply for the novelty of meeting some of the legends in the game.

 

Assume my $15 goes to a good cause, I am totally fine with it.

 

With the weather right now, no way I'm rolling up at 6:30am  (Its an hour drive from my house as is ).

 

Hope to see you there... remember the camo FISHOHOLIC baseball cap, I'll be the lost cause roaming around aimlessly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

I was afraid that would be the case here ( given it's my first show), I assumed the best and hoped it wouldn't be the Black Friday of Fishing Shows.

 

Amen to everything you said... a bag would be nice, but not the driving factor for me.. I just want to break the winter blues and listen to the seminars and hopefully pickup a few shad bodys and jig heads.  I wouldn't mind meeting guys like Zeno and Bill W in person either, simply for the novelty of meeting some of the legends in the game.

 

Assume my $15 goes to a good cause, I am totally fine with it.

 

With the weather right now, no way I'm rolling up at 6:30am  (Its an hour drive from my house as is ).

 

Hope to see you there... remember the camo FISHOHOLIC baseball cap, I'll be the lost cause roaming around aimlessly.

There is also a flea market fishing show on the 25th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batman67 said:

There is also a flea market fishing show on the 25th. 

But not at this location.

You may be  talking about West Babylon flea market,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright guys we got the line up. We’ll be posted next to Cvoorhies tomorrow. The line for spectators opens at 6:30 (South Entrance)  show starts at 8:30 there will be food trucks on the north side of the building. Hope to see you guys there! 

 

-Daniel

#swaggcustomtackle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.