Tackle

STRlPERDAY V

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hey guys! STRlPERDAY V is this Sunday! Who’s going? We’ll have a booth there. Stop by :witty: and say what’s up. Hope to see you there!

F7A99505-E368-4E0E-82B6-A157CAD8A35C.jpeg

0BA75ED7-7EE3-4F92-BCEA-3188FC6B09BF.jpeg

Edited by Tackle

Never been to this show, can anyone add some details\ spoilers ?

Does it cost money to get in ?  Any lectures ?

I can visit the site of course...just looking to get the inside tip.

Thanks

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Thanks

Depends on why you want to go.  Are you a plug nut that will do anything to buy the latest hottest plug from a builder only to flip it hours later on ebay in hopes of doubling your money?  This show is for you.  (not me)

Are you looking to chase the winter blues away, miss fishing, looking to see friends, listen to good lectures, have a few laughs, get out of the house and away from the old lady, support a local fishing club and help some kids out so that they can become the future conservationists that we need?  This show is for you. (me)

Regardless of who you are, be grateful that this show exists.  It's not to be missed.  Just don't stand in line too tight. (see the other thread).

Edited by fatbikerjoe

17 mins ago, fatbikerjoe said:

Depends on why you want to go.  Are you a plug nut that will do anything to buy the latest hottest plug from a builder only to flip it hours later on ebay in hopes of doubling your money?  This show is for you.  (not me)

Are you looking to chase the winter blues away, miss fishing, looking to see friends, listen to good lectures, have a few laughs, get out of the house and away from the old lady, support a local fishing club and help some kids out so that they can become the future conservationists that we need?  This show is for you. (me)

Regardless of who you are, be grateful that this show exists.  It's not to be missed.  Just don't stand in line too tight. (see the other thread).

You bring the princess again this year? lol

3 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Thanks

One of the best shows for sure! Lots of interesting stuff to see, learn, meet awesome Surfcasters and make friends! There’s seminars,raffles and lots of awesome vendors! Go to http://www.******/ more for more details!:wave:

2 hours ago, fatbikerjoe said:

This is exactly me...

6 hours ago, hobobob said:

You bring the princess again this year? lol

That's princess'es as in plural.  I brought all 3 of them to the March show, they learned how to tie flies.  This year, they have a date to the American Girl store so I could get a pass to the show.

I believe there was always an admission fee but they gave out a decent “goodie bag” but I never get there early enough. It’s a good show. Lots of custom plug makers. I bring a couple hundred bucks, buy a couple of nice custom pencils to actually fish with, A few other lures, etc., grab some freebies, check out new rods and reels, pop into a seminar and out of there in an hour or two. If there were fish around, I would probably go fishing instead.