beret

Post Nasal Drip

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Neti pot! But only use previously boiled (and cooled) or distilled or water

I tried the neti pot last year, the sinus infection flushed into my lungs and I got  pneumonia 

Instead of nasal saline spray, try nasal saline gel. Stays in there longer soothing your sinus passages longer. It goes under the brand name Ayr. Sold pretty much everywhere.

If you could see the size of my honker, you'd know what I'm talking about.

3 hours ago, giant basshole said:

Always wondered why it's called that ? Can't just say nasal drip . What is it a breakfast cereal like post Raisin Bran ?

Cuz it drips backwards into you throat. YUM! Reminds me of clams on the half shell. If it drips from your nose onto your shirt or whatever, why isn't called pre-nasal drip.?

2 hours ago, bassonator007 said:

+1 the original formulation w/ active ingredient pseudoephedrine, which has to be purchased from behind the pharmacist counter, works much better than the new formulation that is stocked on the shelves... you don't need a prescription, but do need to show ID etc.

Use it too often and you have a whole new set of nose problems. If you have high blood pressure or irregular heartbeat, again, more problems.

11 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

I tried the neti pot last year, the sinus infection flushed into my lungs and I got  pneumonia 

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I let it go in one nostril and out the other, but I suppose there is potential to rinse stuff into your trachea.

Guys, thanks for the feedback and suggestions........I have used the MeilMed sinus rinse before for a sinus infection and it is pretty cool. Sounds funky at first but once you do it....it is great. Easy, feels good and you actually feel so much better......I think I will start again.

Had bad nasal drip last winter , caused prolonged coughing fits so bad I developed a hernia . Dr told me it was allergy related . One day on Flonase stopped the drip. $7 over the counter at Wallymart.

Mine won't go away until we get some regular 60 degree weather.  I just deal with it. It's an annoyance; but not horrible. I'm not interested in medicating myself for that long.

20 hours ago, connman said:

Had bad nasal drip last winter , caused prolonged coughing fits so bad I developed a hernia . Dr told me it was allergy related . One day on Flonase stopped the drip. $7 over the counter at Wallymart.

connman I agree........every morning until I can get the hair ball up from overnite I hack and drive my wife crazy. Then I eat breakfast and eating seems to trigger it again...........I might try the Flonase......thanks.

I had this for two years. Went to an ENT got a prescription of flonase nasal spray with a steroid in it. Been using that spray daily for a year and haven't had a stuffy nose since. Opens you up and dries you out, it's amazing. It just takes about 2-3 weeks of daily use a day to kick in. I can send a picture of the bottle if you want..

1 hour ago, ChewyBrigantine said:

I had this for two years. Went to an ENT got a prescription of flonase nasal spray with a steroid in it. Been using that spray daily for a year and haven't had a stuffy nose since. Opens you up and dries you out, it's amazing. It just takes about 2-3 weeks of daily use a day to kick in. I can send a picture of the bottle if you want..

flonase = prescript strength, nasonex = otc strength.  works.  i have had chronic pnd for 30 years.  flonase/nasonex are the only things that actually stop it completely.

be careful to use carefully as directed (direction of spray etc) and follow up with (as mentioned above) a nasal saline product like ayr or you may devolope a chapped area and nose bleeds.

27 mins ago, nicknotsebastian said:

flonase = prescript strength, nasonex = otc strength.  works.  i have had chronic pnd for 30 years.  flonase/nasonex are the only things that actually stop it completely.

be careful to use carefully as directed (direction of spray etc) and follow up with (as mentioned above) a nasal saline product like ayr or you may devolope a chapped area and nose bleeds.

I have noticed bloody stained boogers occasionally when I'm shooting a snot rocket or something.. but I haven't had a full out nose bleed yet

I've had PND for like decades. An ENT claimed it was a deviated septum and naturally wanted to cut. I never went back. My nose isn't stuffy, it's just that steady slide of mucous down the back of my throat.  Its been one of those things I file under "better than being seriously ill or dead" along with some other chronic stuff, and just suffer through it.  I recall trying Flonase a long time ago and don't remember the outcome. Maybe it's time to try it again.