ihocky2

Tariffs in action

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, nalu22 said:

-

Trump made sure they were taken care of for the sacrifices they're making to help us all.  Are there any Americans you do like?

The Kenyan.

4 mins ago, JimG said:

I also have no doubt that an American made water pump will be better made than any cheap Chinese crap imported here

They said that about Japanese products once as well.

Just now, MaxKatt said:

They said that about Japanese products once as well.

Back when Democrats valued buying american products.  Now you just value cheap labor and cheap crap and govt hand outs.

We really should trade you all for the Hong kong protestors.  It's a perfect trade.  

5 liberals to 1 protestor should do fine

8 mins ago, Mummichog said:

You think farmers would vote for big city politics and gun-grabbers?  Yeah, the whole LBGTQ movement is very important to them.  They're willing to give up their guns for that.  :D

They plant, and thus care about the environment, water quality, climate... and we own that.  They'll vote for that.  

Taking guns is a fake thing, and I trust American farmers are smart enough not to fall for your phony boogie man.

2 mins ago, MaxKatt said:

I'd be more comfortable if Trump and the Right were honest about it.  Resistance rises when you lie to people.  Shoulda just said...YOU American consumers are going to pay the bill for this, but China will pay the price as production will shift away from them.  Ultimately they will succumb, and situation can resume a more fair and balanced state.

I'm skeptical of results as well.  What's a signed deal worth anymore?  Trump's walked away from several we signed, Paris, Iran Nuke, Nafta,.  What's to stop anyone from walking away from their signatures?  It's kinda becoming a joke when you're own word has become garbage.

Paris and the Iran Nuke deal was never ratified by the US.  Only by the O'boy administration.  NAFTA was renegotiated and will be ratified in Congress.  Including by a significant number of d's.

Having experience in and importing products in both Mexico and China what I currently see in the agreements is an improvement for us.  In the long run there is no "bill" as we benefit.  My products are not included in the current round of Chinese agreements so we shall have to wait for that round to make comments on tech equipment. 

One thing people fail to understand is that rising labor rates in China are pushing certain types of production out to places like Vietnam.  People also don't understand that there are minimum wage laws in parts of China.  China devalued their currency last year and somewhat offset the tariff increases.  If the tariffs were removed today some Chinese products would actually go down in cost as the Chinese people took a wage "haircut" by their government.

Remember when Chinese tilapia farms were siphoning human waste in to the water to feed the fish they sold to American consumers.

Or when Chinese drywall had human bones in it

Nice people.  I would be happy if we keep this trade war going for a hundred years if needed and eventually cut off all trade with china.  

Nuking them would be cheaper but I get it.  It's not nice.

It was a mistake letting them trade with the united states and it will take a generation to reverse.

Sadly the next president.. Republican or Democrat will eagerly reverse current policies that are good for the US worker.

7 mins ago, Steve_in_PA said:

Paris and the Iran Nuke deal was never ratified by the US.  Only by the O'boy administration.  NAFTA was renegotiated and will be ratified in Congress.  Including by a significant number of d's.

Having experience in and importing products in both Mexico and China what I currently see in the agreements is an improvement for us.  In the long run there is no "bill" as we benefit.  My products are not included in the current round of Chinese agreements so we shall have to wait for that round to make comments on tech equipment. 

One thing people fail to understand is that rising labor rates in China are pushing certain types of production out to places like Vietnam.  People also don't understand that there are minimum wage laws in parts of China.  China devalued their currency last year and somewhat offset the tariff increases.  If the tariffs were removed today some Chinese products would actually go down in cost as the Chinese people took a wage "haircut" by their government.

He's walked about from US commitments.  Ratified, not ratified.  I don't know.  I know the paths we were on.  I know we are off.  And I know anyone on the other side of the table has reason to be skeptical of America's "word" anymore.  I would.  And I wouldn't worry about walking away from my commitments with them anymore either. 

people always blame the american consumer for buying china crap.... the crap is not being sold to them direct by the Chinese but by AMERICAN companies to enhance their profit. We keep hearing profitable companies hire more people and pay more taxes....

1 min ago, superstriper said:

people always blame the american consumer for buying china crap.... the crap is not being sold to them direct by the Chinese but by AMERICAN companies to enhance their profit. We keep hearing profitable companies hire more people and pay more taxes....

I buy local first and always try to buy american made and I avoid cheap Chinese crap.  It's not hard to do if you care about it.  Liberals go to great lengths avoiding straws and plastic water bottles but they cant be bothered to pay a little more to support their own economy.

Max complained that he paid too much buying a Chinese washing machine.

Whirlpool, GE ?? Duh.. we still actually make stuff here.  

Lowes advertises machines that are "designed, engineered and assembled in the united states.." 

It's not hard to figure out how to avoid cheap Chinese crap. 

We have Google now.  It's pretty good at retrieving info for even the laziest cheapest consumer out there.

3 mins ago, JimG said:

I buy local first and always try to buy american made and I avoid cheap Chinese crap.  It's not hard to do if you care about it.  Liberals go to great lengths avoiding straws and plastic water bottles but they cant be bothered to pay a little more to support their own economy.

Max complained that he paid too much buying a Chinese washing machine.

Whirlpool, GE ?? Duh.. we still actually make stuff here.  

Lowes advertises machines that are "designed, engineered and assembled in the united states.." 

It's not hard to figure out how to avoid cheap Chinese crap. 

We have Google now.  It's pretty good at retrieving info for even the laziest cheapest consumer out there.

I have always believed the problem does not start with the consumer but the american corporations that have outsourced labor and manufacturing as well as those that direct source from China-I have always  believed in a macro solution that  gave preferential  treatment as it relates to tax policy to american  made , american sourced materials.

13 mins ago, superstriper said:

I have always believed the problem does not start with the consumer but the american corporations that have outsourced labor and manufacturing as well as those that direct source from China-I have always  believed in a macro solution that  gave preferential  treatment as it relates to tax policy to american  made , american sourced materials.

Consumers are also to blame.  Tax policies should motivate behavior through lower taxation on preferred products.  No doubt.

Liberals would hate that and call it a giveaway to the 1% or something stupid.

But the bottom line is that American consumers have more power than the govt  here or in China.

Americans all rally behind all kinds of stupid causes but they cant give up cheap stuff.  

Hell they almost lost their minds over guacamole going up in price or lettuce going up in price as a result of a crackdown on illegal immigration.

Dont deny me my disdain for the average american consumer.  They suck a mountain of dicks

6 mins ago, Kneel said:

So your company answered an rfq, gambled on a low bid and now has to eat the difference.  That's the tarrifs fault? :huh: 

Where did you read that?

52 mins ago, MaxKatt said:

They plant, and thus care about the environment, water quality, climate... and we own that.  They'll vote for that.  

Taking guns is a fake thing, and I trust American farmers are smart enough not to fall for your phony boogie man.

-

You should pay attention more, specifically in VA and Ralph "Blackface Babykiller" Northam.

-

Screenshot_21.jpg