HopHead

Sports betting

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Now that the astros and red sox have been officially caught and the houston GM and manager got a one year ban......how would you feel if you lost money wagered on those games legally?  If I'm an attorney I'm rallying bettors on both series and getting a class action going against both franchises for a few hundred million minimum.  How could that lose in court?  You wagered legally and in goof faith and a business organization defrauded you via cheating.  Hopefully the latest cheating boston team gets hammered even harder.  Be embarrassed to be a fan of ANY team that gets caught repeatedly cheating.

Gotta think theses lawsuits are definitely gonna happen.

Wonder if MLB considered stripping the Astros and the Sox of their titles that Cora coached?

Ban their asses permanently like pete rose.  The ONLY thing that will really hurt is losing multiple draft picks and a $500 million fine......that won't happen because MLB doesn't dare risk profitability.

not a sox fan so i hope he gets punished harshly. 

it is interesting that sign stealing (not with the use of technology) really is part of the game of baseball..... 

People have been cheating in sports forever. Pitchers juicing or scuffing the ball, batters corking their bats, deflating footballs, taking enhancement drugs. You’d have to sue everyone. It’s only cheating if you get caught!

Agree about it being part of the game since inception but don't throw it in the faces of fans and gamblers using high tech means.  If the public is convinced there is rampant cheating it will hurt badly.

1 min ago, aneary said:

People have been cheating in sports forever. Pitchers juicing or scuffing the ball, batters corking their bats, deflating footballs, taking enhancement drugs. You’d have to sue everyone. It’s only cheating if you get caught!

Agreed!  Hence the massive lawsuits to come and rightfully so.  Been breaking the balls of my boston buds to the point that their blood is boiling because they know it's all true.  *ly be ashamed if the pats was my team.

2 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

not a sox fan so i hope he gets punished harshly. 

it is interesting that sign stealing (not with the use of technology) really is part of the game of baseball..... 

Felger says that sign stealing is one of the major reasons for the ridiculous slow down of pace of play in recent years, they're constantly changing up the signals etc.

Don't care either way but it's an interesting point.

If you thought the punishments levied at the Astros following MLB’s investigation into sign-stealing were harsh, just wait.

Current Red Sox skipper and former Houston coach Alex Cora likely still faces penalties after it was determined that he “arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’ dugout.”

According to The Post’s Joel Sherman, a “stern punishment” is expected for the Boston manager.

The report also stated that Cora “was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs.”

Commissioner Rob Manfred said he was not commenting on Cora’s punishment as the Red sox are still being investigated for using electronics to steal signs in 2018.

“Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct,” Manfred wrote in his nine-page statement, which outed a lengthy list of wrongdoers. “I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.”

Somewhat related news, the idiot moonbat governor here just vetoed a sports betting bill that had been passed.

Her exact words "The Maine people aren't ready for legalized sports gambling..." :dismay:

Don't even do scratch tickets myself but the state was going to haul in something like 16% of every bet.

It would be a nice way to offset some of the costs of the thousand or so homeless, foreign "asylum seekers" they keep letting in here.

The live game feed from the center field camera to decode and transmit opposing teams' sign sequences to use when an Astros runner was on second base.

When the sequence was decoded, a player in the video replay room would act as a "runner" to pass along the information to the dugout, according to the findings.

A person in the dugout would notify players in the dugout or signal the sign sequence to a runner on second base, who would decipher the catcher's sign and signal, the investigation found.

should broadcast that seems 100X more entertaining than the actual games