Dan S

They get big here too

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dan S said:

They still occupy the Duct. 

Without spot burning, is this southern California?  I see a lot of catfish and striper pics on FB but they are mostly from SoCal. I've tried  the aqueducts south of the Delta but they are mostly undersized stripers.  The fishing in the reservoirs are doing well however.

For the original post pic, it is from the East coast.  * 

Edited by TimS
FB link removed...we don’t allow FB links - thanks :-)

15 hours ago, Tbird650 said:

When we catch salmon and steelhead we talk about how fresh they are that the lice are still on them in the fresh. 

You Da man Tim. Great place you have here. Thanks buddy. 

Thank you...I just keep the lights on, you guys make it great :th: 

Fish of my dreams out West! Shoot I would be happy to top a 40 lber. My PB is a 27 lber caught in 2007. Largest I have personally witnessed being caught on West Coast beach, 36 lber on a Perch rigged pole on small sandcrab, thought the guy was pulling in a ball of sea kelp until I saw it flop on the beach. Seen a real pic of a 50 lber caught four years ago at night on a 12 inch fake Eel swimbait in the Monterey Bay area. I would believe they are out there...but from the sounds of it, the pic in question was not a West Coast fish.

I don't know why the fish are so big in Bakersfield. I just saw a guy on FB holding 10 good sized catfish using stinkbait a few days ago. I went to the aqueducts last month and only caught small 15-16 inchers.

Sacramento River just above Rio Vista.   Around 1975 when I was stationed at Travis AFB, Fairfield CA.

Caught at night, bloodworm for bait, Penn 700.  In the middle of the channel.

I had to work swing shift, buddy went out by himself, hooked up around 10 PM.   About 1AM I heard a knock at my door, I had just got off shift, and he was standing on the steps with his prize.

My fishing buddy holding it and my little 14 footer in the background.   

e8CUV2b.jpg