They get big here too

Rate this topic

Dan S

3 mins ago, Tbird650 said:

Looks like the swell is going to the left. Sun on the right. Warm rain gear telling me it’s morning so sun is on the wrong side for us. 

It doesn't rain in the afternoons there? ;)

It's got sea lice...you guys got those kinda sea lice on the west coast?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Hah. Rain but southern Ca is not known for cold rain right? I’m thinking if it was the afternoon and the weather was turning he have guy Cotten or  grunions on.

Good eye.

We have the lice also. We also have those big ones inside the gill plates that are as big as your thumb. People get gross out when they come crawling out.

I chit my pants when I saw that fish

46 mins ago, TimS said:

It doesn't rain in the afternoons there? ;)

It's got sea lice...you guys got those kinda sea lice on the west coast?

TimS

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

~Steven Wright

6 mins ago, Tbird650 said:

Hah. Rain but southern Ca is not known for cold rain right? I’m thinking if it was the afternoon and the weather was turning he have guy Cotten or  grunions on.

Good eye.

We have the lice also. We also have those big ones inside the gill plates that are as big as your thumb. People get gross out when they come crawling out.

I chit my pants when I saw that fish

We got those big suckers that get on their gills, too...didn't know you guys had the sea lice...learned something today :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

When we catch salmon and steelhead we talk about how fresh they are that the lice are still on them in the fresh. 

You Da man Tim. Great place you have here. Thanks buddy. 

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

~Steven Wright