Dan S

They get big here too

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Looks like the swell is going to the left. Sun on the right. Warm rain gear telling me it’s morning so sun is on the wrong side for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Tbird650 said:

Looks like the swell is going to the left. Sun on the right. Warm rain gear telling me it’s morning so sun is on the wrong side for us. 

It doesn't rain in the afternoons there? ;)

 

It's got sea lice...you guys got those kinda sea lice on the west coast?

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah. Rain but southern Ca is not known for cold rain right? I’m thinking if it was the afternoon and the weather was turning he have guy Cotten or  grunions on.

Good eye.

We have the lice also. We also have those big ones inside the gill plates that are as big as your thumb. People get gross out when they come crawling out.

I chit my pants when I saw that fish

46 mins ago, TimS said:

It doesn't rain in the afternoons there? ;)

 

It's got sea lice...you guys got those kinda sea lice on the west coast?

 

TimS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Tbird650 said:

Hah. Rain but southern Ca is not known for cold rain right? I’m thinking if it was the afternoon and the weather was turning he have guy Cotten or  grunions on.

Good eye.

We have the lice also. We also have those big ones inside the gill plates that are as big as your thumb. People get gross out when they come crawling out.

I chit my pants when I saw that fish

 

We got those big suckers that get on their gills, too...didn't know you guys had the sea lice...learned something today :)

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we catch salmon and steelhead we talk about how fresh they are that the lice are still on them in the fresh. 

 

You Da man Tim. Great place you have here. Thanks buddy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PaddleTail said:

Not this photo again. The pic is over a year old and is an East coast fish

Yupp, last year in Virginia, think it was mid 50’s in lbs.  Funny how pictures get  recirculated and with new stories, modern day game of telephone :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.