scoobydoo

Anyone put any time on these new Glide baits?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Local66 said:

I actually sent yozuri a thank you email after the 2oz was made available. I've caught a lot of tarpon on that thing. It casts great, takes a beating, the price is right, and you don't have to replace the hardware (I do anyway, I prefer inline singles). I've found that a slow/steady retrieve is pretty effective on most species in my area. I use the little 1/4oz or the 2oz most of the time.

Message_1565464338187.jpg

On a steady retreive is there a left to right off the centerline or does it just pivot on it's on axis like a lipped bait....

20 mins ago, fishless said:

I never noticed much action without a subtle twitch of the rod. 

Gotcha.... We talking none or stick shad? 

I didn't notice any action that would give a fish a reason to even investigate so I started with a sublt twitch almost immediately.  The plug produced for me but again not as much as the mag darter when fishing the same body of fish.  Working the same body of fish I'd say for every 2 fish that hit it id have 5 that hit the mag. 

4 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Just started using them last season, they work good when peanuts are around.  I changed the hardware. 

2416.jpeg

how did they cast?  If it's not an upgrade over the mag darter or cast better than the crystal minnow  i am probably not going to buy one. 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

On a steady retreive is there a left to right off the centerline or does it just pivot on it's on axis like a lipped bait....

It has a cadence, but not like a lipped bait. It's unique.

5 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

how did they cast?  If it's not an upgrade over the mag darter or cast better than the crystal minnow  i am probably not going to buy one. 

20 pound braid outta sight.

Different from the mag darter.

Check one out. They are short money.