scoobydoo

Anyone put any time on these new Glide baits?

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Stumbled across these new up sized Yozuri's a few minutes ago https://amzn.to/36PWrUp

And remembered being psyched as hell to snag em after seeing them pop up on someone's IG story at Icast.....(and never seeing them again after that until today)

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B081DNVTVT&Format=ir?t=stripersonline-nick-20&language=en_  

Edited by scoobydoo

12 mins ago, shu said:

I rather use mirrolure. Its proven to work for decades 

For decades...they don't offer anything close

Their big game series isn't even close and thats as large as they have....and it's a different style bait altogether.

28 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

I used Yo-Zu Twitch baits all summer with great success....I like'em but with anything thing else, it's how you fish'em.

Great bait in the keys

Is this the product being discussed?  I've had success with this but no more then a mag darter.  I twitch it the same as I do my mag, but get better results on the mag.

3d inshore.jpg

I haven't used this larger size yet, but I have used the smaller 4⅜" size since they first came out.   I had great results with them in the spring in the back bays.  And decent results with them in the fall when peanuts and mullet were in the wash.  

I fished it with a slow retrieve, intermittently pausing and twitching.. 

I fished the smaller sized ones a lot this Fall and liked them a lot. A lot more durable than the Sebile Stick Shads of similar sizes.

19 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Stumbled across these new up sized Yozuri's a few minutes ago https://amzn.to/36PWrUp

And remembered being psyched as hell to snag em after seeing them pop up on someone's IG story at Icast.....(and never seeing them again after that until today)

q?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B081DNVTVT&Format=ir?t=stripersonline-nick-20&language=en_  

Just started using them last season, they work good when peanuts are around.  I changed the hardware. 

2416.jpeg

I actually sent yozuri a thank you email after the 2oz was made available. I've caught a lot of tarpon on that thing. It casts great, takes a beating, the price is right, and you don't have to replace the hardware (I do anyway, I prefer inline singles). I've found that a slow/steady retrieve is pretty effective on most species in my area. I use the little 1/4oz or the 2oz most of the time.

Message_1565464338187.jpg