coolhandfluke

CONStruction cameras and speed cameras

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

ARE NOW COMING TO PHILA.  obviously the boulevard needs the speed cameras but those construction cmeras are a cash cow.  they are on 95 in deleware and Maryland.    phila says 11 mph over the limit well deleware got me doing 71 in 65.

30 dollar ticket as they cant prove who is the driver.  but I was in a pack of cars maybe 30 in front of me and a lot more behind me so talk about revenue.   if you don't pay it when you go renew your vehicle registration they don't allow it until the ticket is paid

Edited by coolhandfluke

3 mins ago, Sudsy said:

My sister got a ticket in the mail from Maryland, 57 in a 55 construction zone

Is that even legal ??

Doesn't sound right. MD gives 12mph on their speed cameras.

2 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

no they don't.  as I said mine was 71 in a 65   and its posted with the ticket and photo.

I mustve misunderstood your post. Since it said you were in Delaware, and Suds said his sister was in Maryland.

Interested in this. First one I saw was just north of Baltimore on 95 in a construction site. Was on the good of a white ford interceptor parked behind a porta potty. Easy to spot. Just went down 95 a few weeks ago and saw the signs but no cameras anywhere. Wonder if I got smacked with a ticket. 

12 mins ago, Jwinds said:

I mustve misunderstood your post. Since it said you were in Delaware, and Suds said his sister was in Maryland.

lol. sorry.   you could be right.  I honestly don't remember which state it was from but it was on 95.

I got my first ticket in almost 30 years a few weeks ago. It was a red light camera ticket. I was reading a road sign because I did not know the area and when I looked ahead the light was yellow and turned red with my azz in the middle of the intersection. 3 weeks later I was $75.00 poorer. 

Big brother is taking over and you better get used to it!

8 mins ago, nfd27 said:

Interested in this. First one I saw was just north of Baltimore on 95 in a construction site. Was on the good of a white ford interceptor parked behind a porta potty. Easy to spot. Just went down 95 a few weeks ago and saw the signs but no cameras anywhere. Wonder if I got smacked with a ticket. 

when I got mine I was in the slow lane with traffic all around me and I never saw a vehicle with cameras on it   .  my ticket was from 6 months ago.

all the signs now say construction zone speed limit 65 and camera signs so I cant imagine the give a 12 mph grace period, that would allow for 77mph and like I said, everyone was doing around 71 mph.

14 mins ago, Sudsy said:

And her ticket was mailed to her in NJ

Also, it was like 5 or 6 years ago

Then I'm betting it wasn't on 95 but on the congested roads and burbs around DC. You will get a ticket if you are 1 MPH over the limit. 

7 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

lol. sorry.   you could be right.  I honestly don't remember which state it was from but it was on 95.

Yeah, im sure theres all kinds of different things that come into play with different areas, jurisdictions and such, but the MAJORITY of MD cameras on major highways are set to 12mph over the limit.  And yeah. Go by them at night and they look like a strobe light with all the flashes going off as cars go by.

Edited by Jwinds

1 min ago, Brother Brian said:

Then I'm betting it wasn't on 95 but on the congested roads and burbs around DC. You will get a ticket if you are 1 MPH over the limit. 

YEP. The ones down around DC are STUPID.