PissonDFS

Penn 706 greenie

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, ASrod said:

Hi Tide Reel Works on FB. He does some great work.

I’m one of the few that doesn’t have Facebook. I should be able to find them unless you have a number?? Thanks 

19 mins ago, PissonDFS said:

I’m one of the few that doesn’t have Facebook. I should be able to find them unless you have a number?? Thanks 

He doesn’t have a number listed. The only way to reach him is through Facebook or Instagram unless another member might have his info. Definitely worth looking at his page.

It's not much of a weight savings, but it can help with water and sand wash out.  The 706 already has bottom drain holes.  You can just put holes in the rotor cup with a hand drill if you don't care about the aesthetics of it.  

Like back in the 80s when when George at T&R tackle in Ft lauderdale Fl. Would cut down a spool from Penn 850 spool to fit on 706 Greenie for tarpon fishing for customers. 

3 hours ago, Yudi said:

It's not much of a weight savings, but it can help with water and sand wash out.  The 706 already has bottom drain holes.  You can just put holes in the rotor cup with a hand drill if you don't care about the aesthetics of it.  

I would be willing to bet he didn’t counter weight the reel after switching to bail less. That’s 99.% percent of people’s problems when doing a conversion. 

5 hours ago, PissonDFS said:

Like back in the 80s when when George at T&R tackle in Ft lauderdale Fl. Would cut down a spool from Penn 850 spool to fit on 706 Greenie for tarpon fishing for customers. 

That’s interesting, never heard of that mod.

You have 1,312 post and never heard of the Penn 850, of maybe your a millennial. Either way they were the last of Penn spinning reels  that could take a beating 

Har

30 mins ago, PissonDFS said:

You have 1,312 post and never heard of the Penn 850, of maybe your a millennial. Either way they were the last of Penn spinning reels  that could take a beating 

Hardly a millennial and never really cared about my post count. You might want to work on your reading comprehension, I never said I didn’t here of the reel, I said I had never heard of the paticular modification you mentioned. If you look back in the archives you can see plenty of threads by me and referencing me in regards to Penn Spinfishers, I have been known to do a mod or 2 myself.