S J Fish

New Set Up Questions

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

After years of working like a dog I decided it's time to start fishing again.  Looking on recommendations on both reels and rods, need a durable spinning reel that will last and not break the bank.  Rods I want to be able to fish plastics and heavy wood/jigs so Im assuming I'll need 2 rigs.  Any and all suggestions appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, S J Fish said:

After years of working like a dog I decided it's time to start fishing again.  Looking on recommendations on both reels and rods, need a durable spinning reel that will last and not break the bank.  Rods I want to be able to fish plastics and heavy wood/jigs so Im assuming I'll need 2 rigs.  Any and all suggestions appreciated

Save your money cause you won’t fish anyways, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the3fishheads said:

Throw a Stella on a century SS and call it a day.

He really has to decide between VS and ZB......choices choices.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 foot St Croix Triumph. The one rod solution for New Jersey and possibly NY.

 

I've had one for five years and is my "go to" unless I go lighter. Never use my 11 footer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Buckscorider said:

9 foot St Croix Triumph. The one rod solution for New Jersey and 

1 hour ago, Buckscorider said:

9 foot St Croix Triumph. The one rod solution for New Jersey and possibly NY.

 

 

X2. 

Used my 10' way more though.

Slap a gosa 6000 or a 8000 baitrunner on it good to go.

 

 

 

20200113_185636.jpg

Edited by the3fishheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the3fishheads said:

X2. 

Used my 10' way more though.

Slap a gosa 6000 or a 8000 baitrunner on it good to go.

 

 

 

20200113_185636.jpg

Mono line for the gosa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gray gables said:

You guys can put up all kind of suggestions. The thing is he won’t fish at all. Right jughead? 

 

Jughead, that's perfect!! :laugh: 

Spend the money you were going to spend on a rod and reel on beer. You know you will anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, Pierce said:

Mono line for the gosa?

They call me rubberband man long time.. Amongst other things.

Yea mono you got a problem with that? 

Jk.

Only use braid filling the tog wells.

Well, when I can get on brother Bill's boat anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the3fishheads said:

They call me rubberband man long time.. Amongst other things.

Yea mono you got a problem with that? 

Jk.

Only use braid filling the tog wells.

Well, when I can get on brother Bill's boat anyway.

Absolutely no problem, just want to know the lbs n yds u got in there for the 6000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Where do you plan to fish and how much are you looking to spend roughly?

South Shore of Mass and whenever I can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.