reelfire

It aint much but....

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

So after six months of being here in fla living through the biggest skunk of my fishing life, I finally nailed two fish today. Both species a first for me.

First was a nice speckled trout. Spit hook as i bent down to grab it. Second was this small snook. They werent much on size but the mean alot because I had to relearn alot and logged alot of hours and faced down several gators. 

Didnt have much fishing time oct to nov. Working mandatory overtime every week. Hopefully have new job this week with weekends off. 

Winds havent stopped for over a month. Kayaking is next to impossible.

Bright side 82 degs today . 70s rest of week.

20200111_140944.jpg

I'm currently in Pensacola, picking away at small sea trout and reds when time and work permits. Its not much but i'll take it.

1 hour ago, reelfire said:

So after six months of being here in fla living through the biggest skunk of my fishing life, I finally nailed two fish today. Both species a first for me.

First was a nice speckled trout. Spit hook as i bent down to grab it. Second was this small snook. They werent much on size but the mean alot because I had to relearn alot and logged alot of hours and faced down several gators. 

Didnt have much fishing time oct to nov. Working mandatory overtime every week. Hopefully have new job this week with weekends off. 

Winds havent stopped for over a month. Kayaking is next to impossible.

Bright side 82 degs today . 70s rest of week.

20200111_140944.jpg

Love seeing this my friend. Glad your keeping busy and even better that your now catching..  I keep meaning to reach out and (as I warned you)  I'm bad w that.. hope florida is treating you well brother.  Ny misses you. You get some vacation time you'd better drop a line.  Always got a room for you here man..  

6 hours ago, Beachglass Guru said:

Love seeing this my friend. Glad your keeping busy and even better that your now catching..  I keep meaning to reach out and (as I warned you)  I'm bad w that.. hope florida is treating you well brother.  Ny misses you. You get some vacation time you'd better drop a line.  Always got a room for you here man..  

Thanks bud. Yeah Sept to Dec was crazy 70 hr plus every week. Money was great but I had no life. Will be up next fall for 4 day weekend. 

Will be picking your brain soon for tackle making.

House herevis under painting mess but you are always welcome. 

1 hour ago, Popasilov said:

Does this mean you wont be at Ward Melville show?

:point:

Glad to hear you are doing OK

Yeah first one I will miss. 

1 hour ago, giant basshole said:

The real question is "do you miss Skinner "?

He was here last winter bucktailing southern flounder in the river.  I had to teach 2 guys in the local bait store how to do it .

3 hours ago, Grayson said:

What part of Florida?

I live in Port Orange. The fish were caught in two back creeks in mosquito lagoon . I dropped the snook because the resident gator was eyeballing me. Got out of there and altmost hit a bobcat coming out of the brush 

1 min ago, reelfire said:

I live in Port Orange. The fish were caught in two back creeks in mosquito lagoon . I dropped the snook because the resident gator was eyeballing me. Got out of there and altmost hit a bobcat coming out of the brush 

Gets tough this time of year, snook don't like the cold. Always good to break a dry spell.