Eagles Dare

M&D's to reopen

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Hi Nick,

Welcome to SOL!

As you can see, many of us are thrilled that you're stepping in to keep M&Ds a part of our community.

I *have* to ask:  What's your target date for opening?

As of right now its looking like early/mid May to be on the safe side - things are moving right along and could potentially be sooner. Will have a better idea of an exact date once some of the dust settles 

8 hours ago, bob_G said:

Interesting. I wonder if he'll be introducing fly fishing gear and tying supplied. 

I'm in the market for a new vise, maybe I could buy it off him.

You've worn out vise's? Vega, heck even my cheepo still runs a hackle 34 years later:laugh:

1 hour ago, FEW3 said:

You've worn out vise's? Vega, heck even my cheepo still runs a hackle 34 years later:laugh:

I wore the jaws out. Tied too many large saltwater flies, and now the jaws don't hold trout hooks. I don't think the company sells replacements anymore.

7 hours ago, bob_G said:

I wore the jaws out. Tied too many large saltwater flies, and now the jaws don't hold trout hooks. I don't think the company sells replacements anymore.

It happens!  The plan is to bring in some tying materials and supplies alongside the plug building stuff as well.  If I can't get you a vise, I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction

21 hours ago, NickSan said:

Hey all, Thank you-
I think it’s safe to say we’ve all shared the same experience and memories visiting M&D throughout the years, some of mine go back to when I was knee height. I don’t think Mike or Barbara’s shoes could ever be filled- I am extremel
y fortunate for the opportunity to upkeep the shops integrity and continue to provide the local fishing community with the service we’ve grown to expect from M&D. There’s a LOT to get done in the coming months and can’t wait to see what spring 2020 brings. Onward and upward!! Looking forward to seeing all of you at the shop

Welcome.A group of us from the lower Cape will be x-ing [yikes!] to visit you when you get up and running.

I'll be looking forward to stopping in and checking the place out, I bought a lot of canal gear from the shop during the season and plenty of terminal tackle at the spring sales. Mike was always helpful, specifically helping to outfit me with my first beach sharking setup. And @NickSan welcome to SOL, there's a lot of local guys here who love to see a local shop remain open and in good hands!

On 2/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, bob_G said:

Oh. I can see that happening. That stinks

Took the time today to speak with the new Owner Nick of what will soon be known as M@ D Outfitters. By the looks of things he is redesigning the shop . For one the old rod wrapping room will converted over to Fly fishing . The remaining store will be completely overhauled into a modern look and handle all of the remaining and new stock that he will be selling. It is hope, once all is refurbished to open and sell some of the same items that have been a main stellar of the the previous owners business for so many years . From plug parts to plugs and even bait. Judging from my first time impressions he seems to be very outgoing and has plenty of knowledge on the fishing side of things and will only need a short study to get into the selling end. I asked him if any of the dealers have made contact with him yet and the answer was no. So I asked him if he would like one to call him and I had Berny in mind  and so if you looking in Berny I will E mail his Private Number so that you can contact him . I wished him well and judging from my discussion we had this young man should be around for a long while if all goes well.    

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Maybe upon opening we can storm the place and buy a bunch o chit? I know i will be going.  

It would be cool to show some support in numbers? 

I'm in.

A fishing gear flash mob?

Edited by pogie_boy

Thanks for coming by  @Angler #1

As word gets around, people are stopping in daily. The place is currently a mess, but if the lights are on and there's a black Chevy pickup out front- feel free to say hi. Would love to pin a face to all the names 

Welcome to the site Nick!

As upset we all were to see Mike close-up shop after soo many years, we are excited for it's future with you at the helm. 

Look forward to meeting you and checkin out the remodeled shop.

I'm in the market for my first saltwater fly fishing set-up this Spring and can't wait to see your new side room!

2 hours ago, NickSan said:

As word gets around, people are stopping in daily. The place is currently a mess, but if the lights are on and there's a black Chevy pickup out front- feel free to say hi. Would love to pin a face to all the names 

2 hours ago, NickSan said:

officially opened?