Eagles Dare

M&D's to reopen

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

"I would like to introduce you to the new owner of M & D's and Cape Cod Tackle. Nick Santolucito . Nick is a local guy, He knows the waters of Buzzards Bay very well"

That's encouraging news!  A quick search turned up that Nick is a saltwater fly-fishing guide and accomplished fly-tier and is active in BBAC and  number of other groups.

Some folks might not care about who's bought M&Ds.  I, for one, am happy to see somebody like Nick running it--as opposed to some guy from Kansas whose never even seen salt water--because his background can have a positive impact of the potential success of the business.

Nick, if you're reading this, CONGRATS!!

1 hour ago, Southcoastphil said:

That's encouraging news!  A quick search turned up that Nick is a saltwater fly-fishing guide and accomplished fly-tier and is active in BBAC and  number of other groups.

Some folks might not care about who's bought M&Ds.  I, for one, am happy to see somebody like Nick running it--as opposed to some guy from Kansas whose never even seen salt water--because his background can have a positive impact of the potential success of the business.

Nick, if you're reading this, CONGRATS!!

Interesting. I wonder if he'll be introducing fly fishing gear and tying supplied. 

I'm in the market for a new vise, maybe I could buy it off him.

6 mins ago, bob_G said:

Interesting. I wonder if he'll be introducing fly fishing gear and tying supplied. 

It seems probable that he will offer flies and materials, given his background (inc, AMFF--American Museum of Fly Fishing) and the fact that his business (CoastBusters Saltwater Fly Fishing) offers flies now.

To find CoastBusters, insert a dash between the two words followed by dot com.  It's a small site.  (I guess he's had other priorities of late.)

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

not sure on fly tying gear but he will be carrying plug building supplies he told me.

7 hours ago, bdowning said:

Any more word on whether m&d will have a spring sale (or whether they will open at all)? The sale was usually later in February. 

no spring sale I'm told.

5 hours ago, bails said:

I always looked forward to seeing Mike and family at M&Ds, when I was down that way. Hopefully the new owner will pay close attention to Mike and what he can teach him and he can't fail !

I wish him luck and look forward to stopping in !  

Mike will be hands on helping him getting the shop up and running he said. 

54 mins ago, gray gables said:

not sure on fly tying gear but he will be carrying plug building supplies he told me.

Still using the plug building eyes Mike sold me years ago on my bigger flies.Couldn't beat the price anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all, Thank you-
I think it’s safe to say we’ve all shared the same experience and memories visiting M&D throughout the years, some of mine go back to when I was knee height. I don’t think Mike or Barbara’s shoes could ever be filled- I am extremel
y fortunate for the opportunity to upkeep the shops integrity and continue to provide the local fishing community with the service we’ve grown to expect from M&D. There’s a LOT to get done in the coming months and can’t wait to see what spring 2020 brings. Onward and upward!! Looking forward to seeing all of you at the shop

20 mins ago, NickSan said:

Hey all, Thank you-
I think it’s safe to say we’ve all shared the same experience and memories visiting M&D throughout the years, some of mine go back to when I was knee height. I don’t think Mike or Barbara’s shoes could ever be filled- I am extremel
y fortunate for the opportunity to upkeep the shops integrity and continue to provide the local fishing community with the service we’ve grown to expect from M&D. There’s a LOT to get done in the coming months and can’t wait to see what spring 2020 brings. Onward and upward!! Looking forward to seeing all of you at the shop

best of luck:D:D

17 mins ago, NickSan said:

Hey all, Thank you-

Hi Nick,

Welcome to SOL!

As you can see, many of us are thrilled that you're stepping in to keep M&Ds a part of our community.

I *have* to ask:  What's your target date for opening?