Eagles Dare

M&D's to reopen

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Southcoastphil said:

Any word on the new owners?

We heard the same pitch last year as well and it never opened. It would be nice to have the owners name for some reference. We have a nice building here on the waterfront that would make a nice tackle shop . Plenty of parking for boats and such.  When are you going to be over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

We heard the same pitch last year as well and it never opened. It would be nice to have the owners name for some reference. We have a nice building here on the waterfront that would make a nice tackle shop . Plenty of parking for boats and such.  When are you going to be over?

What possible difference would knowing the owners name make? It's nothing I'd need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plan is for the store to open in the spring and Mike will help him along the way to get things rolling. In my opinion it would be foolish of the new owner not to offer mike a job there. I think with mike personally behind the counter sales would be larger than if he wasn’t. The question is if mike wants to get behind the counter or not. That is a question only he can answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Dthfrmabove said:

The plan is for the store to open in the spring and Mike will help him along the way to get things rolling. In my opinion it would be foolish of the new owner not to offer mike a job there. I think with mike personally behind the counter sales would be larger than if he wasn’t. The question is if mike wants to get behind the counter or not. That is a question only he can answer

That was the same information we were given last year and for what ever reason many of the trips I made to the shop during the summer showed no activity at least when I stopped in . I understand Mikes likes his new job where he is and no headaches. Yes it would be nice if MIke could get back into the business , however seeing is believing.

Will a new owner have plug building experiences in order to stock the shop once again for plug builders or will it be a general run type of shop ? It has been stated that it takes from 4 to 5 years to establish a good bait and tackle shop where the owner can make a comfortable living at it.

It may well take longer if the owner does not have any store experiences , that is why for me at least knowing the name of the person has significant bearing on how successful they will be and how fast they will rebuild the business now closed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you can determine simply by a person's name if he will be a successful businessman or not?

Once word gets out, business schools from around the world will beat a path to your door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the new guy learns from Mike. It's going to be a great shop again. He's got a solid customer base to start with. He just needs to make everyone welcome half as well as Mike did and he can't lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     You can look up the persons name who bought the property online. That should be a good start for you. I was over mikes today for a little while. It was good to see him and Barbara again, it’s been a good month or so. I will not speak on his behalf or the new owners about this topic, but like I said before the plan is For the new owner to reopen in the spring. Only time will tell if it happens or not but if I was a betting man I would place the bet on “open” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bob_G said:

So you can determine simply by a person's name if he will be a successful businessman or not?

Once word gets out, business schools from around the world will beat a path to your door.

No they won't,because they already know that an owner's track record in business is an important factor (among many) in predicting future success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 7:04 AM, Chunkah said:

The spring sale was great, but I always bought everything from Mike, sale or not.....he is just top notch.

 

I'm hoping the new owner keeps stocking lure building supplies like Mike did...that would make this guy VERY happy.

 

Agreeed!   I'm planning on getting back into building and I got almost all of my supplies from CCT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If M&D's is going to reopen, you probably won't see a lot of activity until after the sportsmen's shows. He can make contacts there, and work deals. 

I never went there much, it was just out of my way, given RT was right in town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any more word on whether m&d will have a spring sale (or whether they will open at all)? The sale was usually later in February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 mins ago, bdowning said:

Any more word on whether m&d will have a spring sale (or whether they will open at all)? The sale was usually later in February. 

 

I'd doubt there'll be a spring sale this year.  Doesn't seem like enough time. The new owner was announced.

 

"I would like to introduce you to the new owner of M & D's and Cape Cod Tackle. Nick Santolucito . Nick is a local guy, He knows the waters of Buzzards Bay very well"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always looked forward to seeing Mike and family at M&Ds, when I was down that way. Hopefully the new owner will pay close attention to Mike and what he can teach him and he can't fail !

I wish him luck and look forward to stopping in !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a lot of activity in their the last few weekends working on the shop. Hopefully. they'll be up in running shortly. Best of luck to the new owner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.