Abu Garcia Veritas feedback?

downset21

The new 2020 Phenix Maxim (camo grip) should be a good buy at 100 bucks. The previous version were great rods, a little slower through the tip but very versatile.

Bump it to 150ish and the Shimano Curado rods are pretty sweet. Likewise the Daiwa Tatulas (cork split grip models). Phenix Feather is worth a look too. 

2 hours ago, Mack26 said:

They are decent value for the money, but i don’t like the reel seat on them. I bought one for my son and he likes his. It’s a good overall type rod, but i didn’t like the tip on it for smaller offerings, i found it to be a bit stiff.

Is it that reel seat that clicks/ratchets when you turn it? 

Also, I thought it was too stiff for my taste as well. I prefer a fast action but some flexibility in the tip. Felt too much like a broomstick for me. 

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

8 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Is it that reel seat that clicks/ratchets when you turn it? 

Also, I thought it was too stiff for my taste as well. I prefer a fast action but some flexibility in the tip. Felt too much like a broomstick for me. 

Yes it is. I just didn’t like how it felt in hand. Could never find a place where my hand/fingers were comfortable. And that was my first thought as well, just no feel whatsoever. 

• 3 weeks later...