MartyK

Too Many Online Horror Stories

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dan Tinman said:

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with online sellers but not all have poor customer service.  As an online retailer I don't like being painted with the "online companies bad" brush.  The implication that all online companies have bad customer service is just not accurate.   In the 10 + years I'm doing it I've had complaints for sure but in most cases they were errors of omission and were quickly and easily resolved.  The 2 or 3 that were something else were cases of misunderstanding or miscommunication.  In those situations I offered a return guarantee that was better than any other company.  It has never been used.  My reputation means more to me than money.   I also know a few other online tackle makers, one of them also here on SOL and they all have the same feeling about customer service.  

Well said Dan. Customer service is of utmost importance. 

On 1/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, MartyK said:

I'm an LL Bean credit card holder, and as such get free points toward merchandise.  I have trouble using them only because the stuff I buy lasts so long, I don't need to replace it.   My favorite purchases there are sweatshirts, but I have too many.  My next purchase will be bed sheets.   Right now Bean is offering 20% off across-the-board.  BTW, if you really want to waste money on poor quality, try Kittery Trading Post.   I pass by it all the time and avoid it like the plague. 

KTP sells middle of the road and high end stuff. I find that hard to believe. 

38 mins ago, The Riddler said:

KTP sells middle of the road and high end stuff. I find that hard to believe. 

Riddle, I did correct that in a later post.  It was their store policies with regard to pricing, coupons and sales that I meant to say were poor.  I have little experience with their product quality as I don't shop there.  I misspoke

I don’t shop there but let me bash them online. Lol 

you wonder why your choice of brick and mortar stores are limited.

Kittery Trading Post is better than cabelas, basspro and bean for hunting and fishing New England specifically 

55 mins ago, giggyfish said:

I don’t shop there but let me bash them online. Lol 

you wonder why your choice of brick and mortar stores are limited.

Kittery Trading Post is better than cabelas, basspro and bean for hunting and fishing New England specifically 

I shopped there In the past.  It was those numerous poor experiences with pricing (and I repeat, not product quality) which led me to state my opinion.  If you consider relating ones actual experiences as "bashing", so be it. 

I actually like KTP, decent promos and quality products. The Shimano salesman days were fun to go to. Before Christmas I purchased a new Lamiglas GSB101MS for $299,99 (reg $439)at Kittery Trading Post. No complaints here.

When I used to frequent Maine alot, I always stopped at KTP. Bought a left hand model 70 out of there for such a good price,  I still felt I stole it...

On 1/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, MartyK said:

I'm an LL Bean credit card holder, and as such get free points toward merchandise.  I have trouble using them only because the stuff I buy lasts so long, I don't need to replace it.   My favorite purchases there are sweatshirts, but I have too many.  My next purchase will be bed sheets.   Right now Bean is offering 20% off across-the-board.  BTW, if you really want to waste money on poor quality, try Kittery Trading Post.   I pass by it all the time and avoid it like the plague. 

I am with you marty, I go by it everyday, had nothing but problems with them..Brandy at webhannet is a hot ticket...