JoeP

2020 Daiwa Saltiga released ... Daiwa Australia Site

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

and thank god for the
"new sound for anglers to experience" with the fancy drag clicker

On 1/7/2020 at 9:51 PM, scoobydoo said:

How in the world does it even remotely resemble a stella???????????

It's Dark Blue and gold...no rotor cuts...different frame design all together.

No clue why they ditched the arched zaion rotor......I guess that awesome feature wasn't an awesome feature........................Weird....

I wonder if it saved weight overall....

You were enthusiastic about the Certate recently. If and when you dismantle a sample, let us know how similar or dissimilar they are.

Perhaps the Certate is supposed to fill in for the Saltiga, in the smaller sizes that some guys are yearning for?

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

You were enthusiastic about the Certate recently. If and when you dismantle a sample, let us know how similar or dissimilar they are.

Perhaps the Certate is supposed to fill in for the Saltiga, in the smaller sizes that some guys are yearning for?

I made a similar inquiry in the 2019 Stella vs 2020 Saltiga thread - and he mentioned he had heard smaller saltigas were expected at some point

6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

4 hours ago, albacized said:

I made a similar inquiry in the 2019 Stella vs 2020 Saltiga thread - and he mentioned he had heard smaller saltigas were expected at some point

I heard it mentioned that there willbe more models coming........I'd beilieve it..Heck...look what the stella swc launch looked like.

The smaller Saltiga is the BJ that came to the states a year or so ago.....Essentially 2016 certate hd with a gear upgrade.

the 2019 certates don't go beyond Shimano stradic 5000 size..... Absolutely a gem of a spinner thoug regardless...  My favorite spinner.

^ Looks like Ryota might have designed a rod as well (perhaps gave suggestions about how the rod should be). It's a very powerful shore rod for GT, big yellowtail kingfish, etc. Fairly short for a shore rod.