JoeP

2020 Daiwa Saltiga released ... Daiwa Australia Site

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

4f9c39bc-c326-4278-bbeb-d54ffb0dbf1a.pngf8e80151-4dd5-4ee1-afcd-1b847c800357.pngebc0232a-bb12-41a4-940f-4549fe7d1e8b.png720f1bbd-77be-45c7-938c-34a5b4d0411c.png16e94cbb-22a8-4a03-9654-d20524d4ec25.png

SPECIFICATIONS

Model Bearings Capacity PE Drag Gear Pick Up Type Weight (g) Sku
20 SALTIGA (G) 8000-P 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE4 - 300m 25kg 4.8 92cm Spin 645g 20910
20 SALTIGA (G) 8000-H 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE4 - 300m 25kg 5.8 111cm Spin 655g 20911
20 SALTIGA (G) 10000-P 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE5 - 300m 25kg 4.8 98cm Spin 645g 20912
20 SALTIGA (G) 10000-H 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE5 - 300m 25kg 5.8 118cm Spin 655g 20913
20 SALTIGA (G) 14000-P 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE6 - 300m 25kg 4.8 104cm Spin 655g 20914
20 SALTIGA (G) 14000-XH 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE6 - 300m 25kg 6.2 134cm Spin 665g 20915
20 SALTIGA (G) 18000-P 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE8 - 300m 30kg 4.5 98cm Spin 875g 20916
20 SALTIGA (G) 18000-H 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE8 - 300m 30kg 5.8 127cm Spin 885g 20917
20 SALTIGA (G) 20000-H 12BB (6CRBB-2MSBB) PE10 - 300m 30kg 5.8 143cm Spin 890g 20918

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Didn’t know they changed the model numbers to be the same as Shimano. And just like Shimano no smaller models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks more like a stella - I like the looks of the Saltiga 4000 bay jigging reel I recently picked up, as well as the 5000H (2015 version) I've had for a bit over a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, albacized said:

Looks more like a stella - I like the looks of the Saltiga 4000 bay jigging reel I recently picked up, as well as the 5000H (2015 version) I've had for a bit over a year. 

Not sure I like the new look. Prefer the silver/blue of the past. I was looking into the 4000 bay jigging reel. How do you like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Not sure I like the new look. Prefer the silver/blue of the past. I was looking into the 4000 bay jigging reel. How do you like it. 

The bay jigging is a flawless piece of art. Put fish to 48 on it this year. 

 

Sweet looking reel. Knob is a lil funky but it looks like a Stella haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, avet4life said:

I am waiting for under 500g reel. I personal do not need the big reel. So have to wait

Shimano still haven’t released the smaller 5000-6000 size SW’s. Now the new Saltiga not showing any either. I am not so sure these two companies are going to make the smaller models in the Stella SW and Saltiga models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Tailslap said:

changed the model numbers to be the same as Shimano

 

14 mins ago, albacized said:

Looks more like a stella

 

6 mins ago, fvgourami3 said:

looks like a Stella


“imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, it looks nice! 

I just received this notice or advert from Daiwa NZ. They're letting us know about it here in NZ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wish they would do a smaller size....not too sure the reasoning behind that?  Are us northeast surf guys not a priority?  Probably.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, Plugger207 said:

Really wish they would do a smaller size....not too sure the reasoning behind that?  Are us northeast surf guys not a priority?  Probably.....

You can still use the medium size model for the surf to match it with the rods that are 11-12 ft. it's definitely much harder to use with 9ft rods. I got a 6500H with my 12 ft 6 rod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How in the world does it even remotely resemble a stella???????????

It's Dark Blue and gold...no rotor cuts...different frame design all together.

 

No clue why they ditched the arched zaion rotor......I guess that awesome feature wasn't an awesome feature........................Weird....

I wonder if it saved weight overall....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scoobydoo said:

How in the world does it even remotely resemble a stella???????????

It's Dark Blue and gold...no rotor cuts...different frame design all together.

 

No clue why they ditched the arched zaion rotor......I guess that awesome feature wasn't an awesome feature........................Weird....

I wonder if it saved weight overall....

I just wanna see you tear it down to be honest.

 

I’ll never own one but that **** entertains me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, shu said:

You can still use the medium size model for the surf to match it with the rods that are 11-12 ft. it's definitely much harder to use with 9ft rods. I got a 6500H with my 12 ft 6 rod. 

Right 90 percent the guys I know fish 9ft rods...11 maybe sometimes, but daily 9-10 is it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.