Anyone carry .22LR?

Rate this topic

coastalfreak

Looking for a nice lightweight trail gun with cheap, lightweight ammo. So, the .22LR seems like the perfect round. 

Anyone carry a .22LR? If so, what round do you carry? 

Bonus question: What's your favorite .22LR handgun? 

Edited by coastalfreak

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

Handgun:

Ruger Single 6 in .22 mag with the 9.5" barrel

Accurate as hell and loads of fun to shoot

If I didn't live in the Peoples Republic of NJ I'd squirrel hunt with it

Love my Remington 513 match rifle, a tack driver, but way to heavy to tote around as a trail gun.

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

My buddy has a sw victory .22, nice accurate not too heavy. I know it's a target gun but i'd imagine it would make a great trail gun.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

16 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Ruger mark 3 with bull barrel. Accurate as hell. Heavy but fun to shoot.

And an incredible pain in the arse to clean !!

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Nice

I rarely shoot my Mark III anymore because it's such a PIA to clean

Should probably sell it

2 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I own one of those. Super fun Gun. Gets locked up every once and a while but I think it’s because of the filthy ammo I ran through it. 

Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

I assume by carrying you mean for personal defense , It wouldn't be my first choice but if it's all I had I would and I'd use CCI Stingers , Now if you mean it as a camp / fishing gun I'm all in on that .

The years that I lived in Alaska I learned that a Handgun for Bear protection is pretty much worthless for anything else and a Rifle is better anyway , So many times I could have used a 22 to pop a Bunny , Ptarmigan or Grouse so I started carrying a Ruger Single Six

25 mins ago, jolly mon said:

I assume by carrying you mean for personal defense , It wouldn't be my first choice but if it's all I had I would and I'd use CCI Stingers , Now if you mean it as a camp / fishing gun I'm all in on that .

The years that I lived in Alaska I learned that a Handgun for Bear protection is pretty much worthless for anything else and a Rifle is better anyway , So many times I could have used a 22 to pop a Bunny , Ptarmigan or Grouse so I started carrying a Ruger Single Six

Good point. Would much rather carry a shotgun w/ slugs or a .45-70 than any handgun.