Clbay1971

Hooking up with out of state SOL members

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I recently went fishing with a member down in the sunny state of Florida when I was on vacation. I started to chat with him about two months ago and did one of the smartest things I’ve ever done, I took his offer to go fishing. He showed me some of his spots and I even used his light gear for mangrove fishing I only had surf gear. Between my family and his work schedule we were able to fish three times. One of the nicest guy I’ve ever met and now a friend. Just wondering how many of you also have made new out of state fishing friends.

You will find that most of the SOL guys you get to fish with here are not out of state.. but out of their minds.

17 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

I’ve taken a few guys out over the past years. 

Cool, are you still in contact with any of them?

All you have to do is throw up a post in the regional forum and you'll get plenty of offers to fish.

I've fished with a few guys from out of my area, still keep in contact, and have had guys from out of my area fish with me.

It's one of the best things about this site !!

One of the members on here from Florida has offered for me to fish with him a lot. As soon as I get down to his area I definitely will. 

Ive seen so many offers for people to fish with others on here. Glad this is such a friendly, close-knit community. 

I fish with guys from all over.  I only fished Ri and Nj but i fished with people from MA, ME, RI, Ny, Nj , PA , DE and MD 

this guy knows a thing or two.   

6 hours ago, EricJ said:

You will find that most of the SOL guys you get to fish with here are not out of state.. but out of their minds.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have had a chance to fish with a few members here when they visit the canal. I am local and the canal is the new Mecca. 

I have actually found that people that travel here from out of state have more respect for the resources than some locals. When you drive here from Montauk because you can’t keep a decent fish at home you understand how important conservation is. 

If you come to the canal PM me. 

*** I have also fished in Florida with a member. He has given me the lowdown to help maximize my limited time there. I have offered the same to him. 

Edited by ged