Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

Last night I heard that Bunker harvest is going to triple this year.

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

According to the article I read in the Connecticut post, the high prices of oil are expected to drive up the demand of the lubricating oils manufactured from Menhaden and the number of fishing vessels equipped to target bunker are increasing to accomodate the new windfall potential.

So much for the schools of bunker with boiling bass beneath them. It looks like those days will be over once the netters start havving their way in an even more efficient manner.

What a lousy piece of news to hear at the very beginning of the striper season, which always unoficially starts for me when we go to daylight savings time.

[This message has been edited by Robert Williams (edited 04-01-2000).]

They better not! How long is this crap gonna go on, you cant keep taking and taking with reckless abandon. They will soak up all the bunker over the next 10 years or so and then whats next? Kiliies? When are they gonna learn.

------------------

Baubus5@aol.com

Well, we could always return to commercial whaling. Gotta love Ronald Regan for killing the syn fuels program. I often wonder what the oil industry gave him for that.