coastalfreak

Thoughts on Big Bite Baits?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never used em, but they are cheap everywhere and seem to be decent quality by looking and feeling them. Their shrimp tails and grubs look very interesting for the price. 

Edited by coastalfreak

Never really used em in the salt.   And I have zero interest in fluke fishing.

But I've used about a dozen different baits of theirs and they are all top quality.  One of my top 5 favorite brands in fishing period.

Funny and random story.

At the bassmaster classic.  I gave the daughter of the owner a bass....didn't know until later in the comments section of this video that is who she was.  (in thumbnail and intro)

She's big in the HS bass tourney league.  And part of the reason big bit baits are priced the way they are.   To be accessible to the younger anglers 

On 1/5/2020 at 10:17 PM, scoobydoo said:

Never really used em in the salt.   And I have zero interest in fluke fishing.

But I've used about a dozen different baits of theirs and they are all top quality.  One of my top 5 favorite brands in fishing period.

Funny and random story.

At the bassmaster classic.  I gave the daughter of the owner a bass....didn't know until later in the comments section of this video that is who she was.  (in thumbnail and intro)

She's big in the HS bass tourney league.  And part of the reason big bit baits are priced the way they are.   To be accessible to the younger anglers 

Super cool. Thanks for sharing. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

23 hours ago, coastalfreak said:

Super cool. Thanks for sharing. 

A little funny addition... Prior to filming... I went up to say hi to Mark (Daiwa guy in the vid) I thought i said it loud and clear but he just looked through me.... Said heyyy brotha!  I was like hey... 

He wasn't talking to me... 

A hand reached right by and they high fived...... 

It was Jimmy Houston 

Lolol

Edited by scoobydoo

I've used some of their baits too, but not extensively and don't really know if I've used them for anything other than freshwater bass or panfish. I have no complaints about them. 

I know that I've used some of their panfish baits, and have a couple of bags of creature baits and tubes. Not sure about anything else from them. I just took a look at their saltwater baits, and the shads are no different than any other Sassy Shad type baits, so it's possible I've used theirs, but not sure. I know that I've used something similar to their 4" shrimp, but can't say it was theirs. I've possibly used the Yum, Zoom, or Gambler baits more than BB. 

On another site, dedicated to SM bass fishing, they seemed to have a good following, and that's how I knew about them. Cabin Creek was another brand that a lot of those guys liked. 

Possibly as good as any other baits on the market now, so for the prices, worth trying IMO. Plastics are getting expensive.