sauerkraut

Home Interior Decorating for the Fisherman

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

1.  Does the Wifey allow you to participate in home interior decorating with your antique lure displays, fish mounts?  Or, are you banished to the garage or basement?.

2.  I managed a limited, partial reprieve with some Danny Plug Art I presented to the Mrs. 15 years ago.  How have you fared?

I remember my Mom finally amassing enough veto power to ostracize my Father's two striped bass mounts (1941 and 1942 before he was married, before he went off to WW II), from our living room.

IMG_7052[1].JPG

IMG_7055[1].JPG

Nope.

Nothing fishing related incorporated into our decor. 

I don’t mind, really. She decorates the house as she sees fit and the place always looks good so I’ve got no complaints. 

My girlfriend takes the reigns with decorating, but do have a few fishing related things. 
1- above my desk a sweet plug from the Christmas auction a few years ago

2- buddy was quitting drinking (he needed to) and tried his hand at repurposing fences. So it’s fugly but I’m proud of him so put it up 

3&4- a few Christmas ornaments my girl got for my stocking 

4E1BDC0C-D477-41A8-B866-536EF80A9DD3.jpeg

26ABC4F3-CABC-4C4D-A74A-BE255298EA15.jpeg

5FDE2D2E-FABC-41D5-B894-E8713622DBCA.jpeg

AF2B3288-350D-4F56-B95C-08FCCF47B7CC.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

I reserve most of the Space in the man cave for any special stuff. I had to put the foot down tho for Display rights for my 1979 Redfin posted & Gary2 collection. 
“ Your not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians ! He was an Interior Decorator “ 

“ His house looked like ****” 

AB0F04A6-6DB5-4832-AE47-C7E580F0FB65.jpeg

894DCFB7-2934-4DF8-9802-C4D6C5448512.jpeg

Edited by jsbergen
Apwllinf

When we were trying to figure out a backsplash for the cooktop, I suggest a striper motif.  The Admiral thought about it and said, "Fine, IF you can get a lobster in there too!!"

And Fishnu and Poseidon helped us find this...

IMG_6399.jpg

Nah, I have an entire room/office in our 2 bedroom apartment for just my hunting/fishing gear so I cant complain. We're looking at our first house this year, my only rule is I get the garage. She can have everything else lol.

My wife has been good to me all these years. Ducks, and fowl either on walls, or shelves. Outdoor books, on display. She even had a spot for my father's special license place, and had my college football jersey framed and on display.  And she has a lot of my football stuff up and around too.A lot of outdoor memorabilia she buys at yard sales and what not.

However there is a price to be paid. She's not an outdoorsy woman at all other than helping me raise litters of bird dogs through the years, and sunning on the boat occasionally.

She is a crafter/artisan, and there is a whole lot more of that stuff around than outdoor stuff. If you guys ever need a couple miles of fabrics, or sewing stuff look me up. Foam rubber? Old silverware? Junk?

After 5 years maybe this is the year she'll finally re upholster the bolsters on the boat for me? The shoemakers husband always has holes in his shoes?

2 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

When we were trying to figure out a backsplash for the cooktop, I suggest a striper motif.  The Admiral thought about it and said, "Fine, IF you can get a lobster in there too!!"

IMG_6399.jpg

That's awesome 

15 hours ago, valentine said:

Nope.

Nothing fishing related incorporated into our decor. 

I don’t mind, really. She decorates the house as she sees fit and the place always looks good so I’ve got no complaints. 

Nonsense...you know how much I love that striper mount in your avatar, Valentine! That baby belongs front and center, lol! All kidding aside...I know that we take what we can get when it comes to interior decorating and fishing. 

2 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

IMG_6399.jpg

What a great idea...and he's going for the kill as well!

Small mouth bass mount in the living room, 6-12 lures on the Christmas tree. Other than that it’s her area. I have the basement, barn and garage to “crap up” in her words. I’ve been preparing her for a living room replica mount if I can catch something truly huge. 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:40 AM, ThrowinPlugs said:

Nah, I have an entire room/office in our 2 bedroom apartment for just my hunting/fishing gear so I cant complain. We're looking at our first house this year, my only rule is I get the garage. She can have everything else lol.

Yup.  I have also been pretty much relegated out of the house-- even my 17 lb. Brown Trout.

However, the first place the kids, and other hopefully potential, wanna be fisherman head for upon visiting us-- is the basement fish room.

IMG_7068.JPG

Since we can’t really afford nice art I started making it for myself (My wife is either really into it or super supportive). A striper carving I made her (per her request) kinda started it off now I’m mostly into painting with acrylics and epoxy. A couple of these are still works in progress. Since I don’t really ice fish it’s a great way to pass the winter thinking about fishing. Now I have my first gallery show in April!

B76750DA-2034-40B3-A800-77EB711FD8E5.jpeg

A146E5A8-89DE-40EF-977E-10CF01235379.jpeg

370F3E66-6869-4EBF-BAB5-5A76CB145CF8.jpeg

79E0A5CA-BE6A-4E0B-9731-AE6B79D7BE0E.jpeg

35A99732-0252-4B93-AE0E-989B3822C520.jpeg

0E379638-E33C-4345-8442-D6333B04BDF5.jpeg