Capt.Castafly

Quonochontaug Breachway (Boat Ramp)

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2020 at 4:15 PM, jayp195 said:

Years ago in Atlantic Highlands, NJ, the harbormaster put bleachers in so that the locals could come down and watch the craziness........"we got a 18' SunRay, but we only use it twice each summer!"  The never-ending supply of those type of people in that area can supply a lot of laughs and even more cringes on a weekend morning.

official boat of the Cranston navy

I looked in November and as far as I could tell nothing had been started.    So this might be actual progress.    As someone who often launches solo that ramped sucked.  I’m glad they are changing it but yeah I do worry about the traffic.    Parking spots are pretty limited so that should limit the craziness.   Assuming they enforce it.  

You are so correct notime......The ramp does suck for boat launching, no matter how many friends you had helping.  There is just too effin' much current in there and it's too steep at low tide.  But I gotta' say that over the years I've seen some pretty good sized bass taken there, especially in the Autumn.  I've never caught any sized fish at the ramp but certainly have inside the pond.  The Plugman fished there often and I've seen him, and others, score praise-worthy fish.

2 hours ago, jayp195 said:

But I gotta' say that over the years I've seen some pretty good sized bass taken there, especially in the Autumn.  I've never caught any sized fish at the ramp but certainly have inside the pond.  The Plugman fished there often and I've seen him, and others, score praise-worthy fish.

Sooo...Where else do you fish that you want to draw unwanted attention to?:why:

19 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Sooo...Where else do you fish that you want to draw unwanted attention to?:why:

Half of us can't even remember what we had for supper yesterday.

I'm sure in five months time no one will remember this post either.

:point:

14 hours ago, Capt.Castafly said:

Half of us can't even remember what we had for supper yesterday.

I'm sure in five months time no one will remember this post either.

:point:

Says a boat guy.