Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redman

IBSP GRANDER SLAM

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Now guys I know that you all will find this very hard to believe, but today, at IBSP, I, the redman, Completed the ever popular "DREADED GRANDER SLAMMER"! Yes i know its hard for you to believe that someone such as I, a Pa. fisherman...completed such a task....!

Now here is how it all began...I was reading through my email and got my daily email from You Know Who, at IBSP(real close) telling me of blue fish blitzes....now, not having bluefish stocked in my empty freezer(notice the key word being EMPTY)my excitement overwhelmed me! So this morning, I, arose and found my way trudging down 195 to the blitzing capital of NJ.I stopped and got my clams, and of course, the much needed mullet and of course even the much, much more needed, smaller hooks in case of tapping on the line...then i could switch to a smaller hook and catch....croakers! Gee $30 in Gas, $8. in bait, $3. for "smaller" hooks and maybe i would catch croakers, that by the way sell at pathmark for $1.99 a pound!...So I headed of to the strike zone as told to me by the experts...after driving by "ONE" other tormented soul I parked my truck and prepared my weaponry for ? After about an hour as the sun began to rise, i saw my line being tapped...again and again..and again..so i guess that i don't have to tell you that at this point...sick of loosing my mullet and clams to Croakers....i kept one rod out and switched to a smaller hook..top and bottom rigged it and hoped for something good to happen....about a minute later.....wham! i begin reeling in and all of a sudden i have a DOUBLE HEADER! of sea robins.....Well its a double header none the less..HA! well for the next three hours i caught 3 sharks..and 4 skates and another sea robin....but not a single CROAKER! So now being pissed at donating bait...i figure i will go check out the bulkhead ...i threw every and anything i had for an hour and a half and didn't catch a thing....took a nap and headed over to Gilkens to complete my strange feat! So to make a long story short...I ended up with 7 skates...7 Sea Robins and i bet you can guess...7 Sharks!

Now i know you guys are all impressed by this magical feat ...completed singlehandedly ...in the Daytime...and you are all going to email me and want me to take you fishing at my secret spots....but i can't take all of you....so if you will send a certified cahiers che.....

LOL redman

------------------

may the fish be with you!

Hey Redman;sounds like a pretty good day.frown.gif

I think next time you get e-mails you should just take them under advisment.HappyWave.gif

I'am just being a smart ##S no digs intended.Drop me a pm.

John......

amen to work...it was my best day in a couple months....at least it kept me busy..hey i could have gone home with a bunch of bait

believe me i take emails with a gram of er grain of salt!

------------------

[This message has been edited by joeredman1 (edited 08-29-2001).]

frank...this was not an attack at you..it was a jest of my luck...take it anyway you choose...with or without your email...it would have been the same..amen to the work dave...and yes john...work still sucks and it was a beautiful day!

------------------

[This message has been edited by joeredman1 (edited 08-29-2001).]