coastalfreak

Go-to lure for finicky/skittish fish?

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, nicknotsebastian said:

VERY true with almost any species and shore fishing.  boat fishing, the ONE thing (even if NO lure works) that almost always seems to get some love from bigger bass off the outer cape - no matter how finiky... 

693ADA69-53B6-435A-A1A0-52FE9EF6FFFE.png

Funny how some days chunk Mac's will work but live Mac's will not, any ideas on this??

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Funny how some days chunk Mac's will work but live Mac's will not, any ideas on this??

i have noticed sometimes dead works better than alive.  my thinking was bass were lazy, tired, and or more full.  they could not be bothered with chasing around a live mac (as we know, they can really run scared when chased) but can’t resist something that falls right in their face (???).

I try to match prevailing bait in size, motion and color. In that order. If that isn’t working try small mag darter or a lead head with soft plastic body. If bunker are present a metal lipped swimmer worked slow on the surface often git’s her done. Fish at night.

13 hours ago, GP100 said:

Doesn't work all the time, but occasionally the only lure that gets hit is a bucktail/trailer.

Whats your go to trailer??