2020 Massachusetts Random Image Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, clambellies said:

That's definately the tip section of an arrowhead / spearpoint.  The base is snapped off.  Most probably broken during the hunt. 

Agreed. I tried to google it identify the type/time stamp but struggled with all the possible options. I found it near the petrified forest in Arizona. I think it’s made out of the petrified wood. Stuff is unbelievable hard. I was on cloud 9

11 hours ago, jmarino1432 said:

Agreed. I tried to google it identify the type/time stamp but struggled with all the possible options. I found it near the petrified forest in Arizona. I think it’s made out of the petrified wood. Stuff is unbelievable hard. I was on cloud 9

It does look like petrified wood.  With the base missing it's pretty hard to know the type or the era that it was from.   Nice find all the same.  

Wish I could take pictures( or more accurately had the desire to spend he money of the right equipment) .....saw a nice drake pintail in with a group of mallards in a pond by the beach at lunch, then around the corner in the surf along the rocks were several groups of harlequin ducks. 

I have a canon eos rebel, but just a basic lens , so the pictures I took of the pintail are worthless, and I didn't bother trying to take any of the harlequins.  Maybe next time............

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

5 hours ago, jkrock said:

Wish I could take pictures( or more accurately had the desire to spend he money of the right equipment) .....saw a nice drake pintail in with a group of mallards in a pond by the beach at lunch, then around the corner in the surf along the rocks were several groups of harlequin ducks. 

I have a canon eos rebel, but just a basic lens , so the pictures I took of the pintail are worthless, and I didn't bother trying to take any of the harlequins.  Maybe next time............

Couple dream birds right there

1 hour ago, jmarino1432 said:

Couple dream birds right there

I don’t know the last time I saw a pintail.  

Im on Cape Ann and we get quite a few harlequin ducks every winter.  They seem to stay right in the surf along the rocks.  Neat birds

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician