Plug and teaser

2020 Massachusetts Random Image Thread

Rate this topic

320 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

When the Quabbin towns were taken for the construction of the Reservoir, all houses, barns, buildings, mills, bridges, railroad tracks and telephone poles were taken down and removed.  All they left behind were cellar holes, stone walls and the old town roads.  Somehow this structure remained.  It's an old field stone fireplace and chimney from what was known as Hackett's Lodge.  It is still in remarkable condition and looks like a cabin could still be built around it.  That stone mason built things to last.

hacketts lodge b.jpg - 1 (1).jpg

hacketts lodge a.jpg - 1 (1).jpg

Edited by clambellies

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:50 PM, jmarino1432 said:

Not a Mass photo, but here’s this mornings sunrise at the Grand Canyon. Taken with my iPhone no editing done.

0E78A529-3733-4154-9123-AB528F641425.jpeg

9B52BBA0-7DFB-4A43-9B3B-C6081B509BF4.jpeg

Nice

what part of the GC is that? We are planning a trip in May. Most likely Sedona then south rim.

13 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Nice

what part of the GC is that? We are planning a trip in May. Most likely Sedona then south rim.

That’s mathers pt on the south rim. Sedona is spectacular as well. Lots of cool hikes and the town has a lot of awesome restaurants and bars. I believe May is the busy season as a heads up it may be more difficult to find parking and such

On 1/5/2020 at 8:36 PM, Plug and teaser said:

5e128e7b09ec6_BEagle.jpg.164f2fbac27f29511a0234e594d25dba.jpg

So many around now, but still fun to see.

Saw one standing on the ice at winnecunnet lake in norton a cpl weeks ago...back when there was ice. I assume he was after dead fish or some kind of carrion.

8 hours ago, bdowning said:

Saw one standing on the ice at winnecunnet lake in norton a cpl weeks ago...back when there was ice. I assume he was after dead fish or some kind of carrion.

The one above was next to the Conn. River.....waiting for something dead to float by probably.

Good looking vultures and thief's is really what they are. I do see them hunt occasionally though, usually after ducks.

This one was on Congamond last weekend, waiting for a dead goose to float over to the edge so he could grab it, 2 bands on this one.

5e17af12d5a57_Eagleonice.jpg.1ba643a31774082bf51e26314ebddcb0.jpg

First steamers of the year for me.  Could of gotten greedy and filled the basket but these more than account for the cost of my senior license.

20200110_124425.jpg