Azballa7

Orlando Florida in a week!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Iv been trying to make a fishing trip to Florida for several years now and it's finally going to happen!  Will be in the Orlando area from Jan 7th to 11th.  Being my first time fishing Florida I am curious to know how the fishing tends to be around this time of the year there?  And also what kind of baits are typically present?  Not looking for specific spots but any recommendations of areas to fish?  Or any locals willing to link up? I will have a rental car and will be flexible to drive around if necessary.  Looking forward to it!

Thanks!

Ohhh and also what kind of patterns tend to be the most effective out there this time of the year?? I'm hoping I can tie some to bring with me.

Thanks!

I fish in Florida every year in January or February and I think you are in for a treat! The locals may think winter is slow but the amount of life (particularly in comparison to NJ) in the winter is astounding. In Orlando are you fishing fresh water or will you travel to the coast?

Just now, just a couple casts said:

I fish in Florida every year in January or February and I think you are in for a treat! The locals may think winter is slow but the amount of life (particularly in comparison to NJ) in the winter is astounding. In Orlando are you fishing fresh water or will you travel to the coast?

Hey! 

I am going on this trip to solely FISH!  I hope to do a little bit of everything if possible!  I will have a rental car so it will not be an issue driving to either coast.  Really hoping to add some new species under my belt.

If you're fly fishing, check out the Shad run on the St. Johns River... I don't fly fish, but I know fly fishermen and the Shad run is what they wait all year for...

3 hours ago, Long Tom said:

If you're fly fishing, check out the Shad run on the St. Johns River... I don't fly fish, but I know fly fishermen and the Shad run is what they wait all year for...

Thanks but I'm already back home!

Trip was awesome and I was able to catch

A couple of new species!  They weren't the biggest fish, but still very fun to catch.